Is it possible to create an area of virtual memory on the N810's Internal memory card? I've tried and it simply says "Unable to create virtual memory" when I attempt to. Is this because the dialogue for creating virtual memory is really refering to an external card (which I do not have)? Where is says "Available: 128 MB" does that refer to 128 MB on the Internal card that is already used by default?

I haven't been able to create a 128 mb virtual memory file either; actually, since upgrading my 800 to 2008 the 2 2gb cards have been useless.... can't transfer large files and things like Transmission (torrents) don't work. This all may have been addressed already, I haven't had time to research. Just pulled out the cards and waiting till next upgrade.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Reformat, the cards are corrupted.

Unfortunately, reformatting had no effect. Had tried this numerous times, including putting them into my digital camera and using its reformatting tool, then letting the camera's video recorder run to fill up / test the cards. They seem to be OK. This became an issue following the 2008 upgrade. <shrugs> I'd be interested in learning if many others are experiencing this, but otherwise not going to worry about it... most other things work great.

I am having the same issue. For me the process got interrupted a couple times and one time appeared to finish. Also my disk usage via 'df'' seems to show a change on the internal memory. Now it gives me the error right away.

I was unable to create the virtual memory due because of volume labels on my cards

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=14820

Maybe that will help you in some way