Several news items about the N810 WME mention an updated OS and that it is available for existing owners, too. However, so far the Nokia update site doesn't list any new OS updates. Anyone know when we (existing users) can indulge in the new OS (with in-place updates and presumably new RTCOMM)?

Thanks,
Martin

The Following User Says Thank You to m_stolle For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
before end of Q2 its been said, but Q2 is a long span of time in a way...

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
The in-place updates are only expected with the next major OS release codenamed Diablo (OS2009?).

Personally I'd be really happy if the new version of microB browser was ready for the Q2 OS update because otherwise it'll be a really long wait.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Peet View Post
The in-place updates are only expected with the next major OS release codenamed Diablo (OS2009?).
Read the announcement, Diablo (maemo 4.1) is the next major release of OS2008, and SSU will be coming with that.

Whether that means we can upgrade our Chinook installs to Diablo via that method or not I do not know (though, judging by a number of statements in Konttori's recent interview on Nokia's website I find it incredibly unlikely.).

Thanks for the correction. I feel like a road(map)kill!

It'd be nice if someone knowledgeable put information on the Maemo roadmap page.