Active Topics

Notices

I read the entry in beta8 that said that playlist creation was at a late stage but out of beta 8. I was wondering if this functionality is going to be included in beta 9 or after? It's effectively one of my killer features, since I group my music into heirarchical folders. For example, if I want to listen to classical music, I will add classical music to the running playlist and go from there. If I only want Beethoven and not all Classical, I will add Beethoven to the current playing list, and maybe Mozart if I'm in the mood.

I'm an old convert from rockbox on a gigabeat, so I feel like I'm missing many features with the main audio players on the n800. Xmms seems to be the closest, but the interface is awful on the n800. Canola is second, but I really wish it had some of these rather important features...

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Yes, it's on beta9. however is not the most complete playlist creation ever made on this universe, but has the simple basic things you may need for a very basic playlist feature ( lol )

so : you can hold a little bit the touch on a song, it will be added to the permanent on-the-move list. If you are satisfied, just click on options -> save as... and save this playlist as a name.

The main missing thing for you I think is that, as experiment we are only supporting SONGS to be added. I know a lot of people will be pissed, but this is to prevent a lock in the cpu when you have multiple folders with multiple folders that we are not able to test right now. The "Add artists" or "add album" will come in beta10 or max beta11.

You can also, delete musics, delete playlists but in this release you cannot re-arrange items still : / sorry.

Br

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

The Following User Says Thank You to handful For This Useful Post:
how about a youtube playlist for videos saved....

and mix it up.. make one universal playlist that you can add songs to, videos to, youtube videos to, podcasts, videocasts... whatever you want.

Sxm : the code works like this, but we are not releasing it now. The change between the players is a little bit more problematic. We don't know if we want to do it.

Marcelo

The Following User Says Thank You to handful For This Useful Post:
Ah, thanks for the info. Bit of a pity that recursive adds aren't available yet. Do you think that will become available on beta10? Aside from gapless playback, I think that's the only thing canola is missing for me now Btw, if you guys need programming help, I'm available

Originally Posted by handful View Post
Yes, it's on beta9. however is not the most complete playlist creation ever made on this universe, but has the simple basic things you may need for a very basic playlist feature ( lol )

so : you can hold a little bit the touch on a song, it will be added to the permanent on-the-move list. If you are satisfied, just click on options -> save as... and save this playlist as a name.

The main missing thing for you I think is that, as experiment we are only supporting SONGS to be added. I know a lot of people will be pissed, but this is to prevent a lock in the cpu when you have multiple folders with multiple folders that we are not able to test right now. The "Add artists" or "add album" will come in beta10 or max beta11.

You can also, delete musics, delete playlists but in this release you cannot re-arrange items still : / sorry.

Br

Marcelo

James :

It's possible if we limit the recursive only to some tag modes, but we are just studying how to deal with the lock ups (like you add metallica, but you have 17 albums) it will take a while to add this 17 albums there. If we limit to one album, it's easier, but to do full support maybe a little bit risky for 3 weeks only.

But it will come

About gapless playback: As known, only xmmp player is able to do that on the tablet (due to a limitation on gstreamer) and their plugin is available only to them. We did all the experiments, and it's not possible today with gstreamer to do real gapless playback on the device (desktop works nicely) and for us only with libXine we could do that... but that's exactly what needed work

BR