Notices

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
I'm sure a number of you got the email I did. Gizmo has new service which allows anyone in the world to call your gizmo number for free through www.Callnokia.com.

Problem is, I can't get www.callnokia.com to recognize the microphone I use with my computer. I can use Grandcentral to connect gizmo on my computer to any landline and the microphone works fine. But no dice when I try to use callnokia.com from my computer. When I log in to callnokia.com, an adobe dialog pops up and asks if I want to let callnokia.com have access to my machine's microphone. But it doesn't let me choose "allow."

Anyone else get this working? Any ideas?

Speaking of Gizmo, is it just me or were we once able to call a gizmo number from a land line or cell phone (as in no call in number)?

CEO of Gizmo5 here - we operate CallNokia.com. For those unfamiliar with it is a flash based calling service which requires nothing but a browser and of course flash 9+ installed to make and receive calls. It can be used to call Nokia tablets and Nokia wifi phones.

I read about your problem with the microphone. All the microphone detection is handled by flash, so Adobe controls that code not Gizmo5. To adjust the microphone settings, right click on the dialpad and select: Settings. Then select the microphone icon. Here you can adjust which mic input flash is using and the sensitivity of the mic. I hope this works for you!

We are seeing about 2500 daily unique users to CallNokia so lots of successful calling is being done on this new service.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to michaelGizmo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
@michaelGizmo .... Gizmocall.com and this callnokia.com do not work from my N800. On calls that I initiate from my tablet, I can hear the other party, but they cannot hear me. I am not able to specify the N800's mic as the mic to use in the flash settings. Does this service work on a tablet running the latest Diablo OS?

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
No, this wont work on Flash on the tablet (thanks to adobe). This is for calling the tablet via PC if I am not mistaken...

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

If i remember correctly, flash can't access either the camera or microphone on our tablets due to some driver issue (or lack thereof).

If you want to use gizmo on your tablet, without instlaling teh gizmo app, just use the built in chat software (rtcomm I think its called) to connect to your gizmo account, (it's just a SIP connection)

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Cool! The CEO of Gizmo5 reads these forums!

Just wanted to say "thanks" for your great service, and thanks, too, that it integrates so nicely with GrandCentral.