Active Topics

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/fea...ile_vs_symbian

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lord Raiden For This Useful Post:
Posts: 250 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Colorado
I don't like articles like that for various reasons, two of the most prominent being:

1.) I like making my own decision about what the different OS's are like for me

2.) Too many fanboys/fangirls there to trash the review and tell everyone else why their device/OS of choice is superior to everyone even if it's completely out of context

NOT TO MENTION!

I hate AppleOS because I don't like Apple products (never have)

I hate Windows because Microsoft sucks (IMHO and I still use XP and 98SE because those are the ONLY two Windows OS's I tolerate and enjoy to an extent)

Blackberry's RimOS I just plain don't like (I don't really know why)

Linux I love so much

Symbian I've basically always used with the various phones I've had over the last few years, except when I owned a Sidekick 2 which had the Danger OS...solid phone OS that I wish was ported to other phones.

Now, the only thing that this review does for me is remind me how much biased fans of certain brands are. I'll usually use anything, even some Apple stuff within reason, but I make my own opinions. Hell, even my love for Linux is hampered by some distros that I have used before and I didn't like at all and I use Windows 98SE/XP because they are fast, stable (mostly) and they run the programs I need the most.

Anyway, just stating my view

Jesse~

The Following User Says Thank You to jperez2009 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 130 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Canada
"Yet, only one OS is superior and will ultimately emerge as the victor"
LOGIC FAIL
1) there is no single os optimal across all devices and use cases. Some people/uses don't need real multitasking, etc etc.
2) even within a single use case better solutions don't always win in the marketplace, vhs, win3.1 vs Desqview/X, shoehorn your favorite example.
The premise of this piece is silly, we can ignore the beautypagent monday AM quarterbacks.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheRealBubba For This Useful Post:
I agree with both of you, about the "logical fail" and the stupid reviews people wrote. I'm sure most of them didn't even read past the third paragraph of it. I don't like the bias of it, the way they try to tell you whats the best. I like it when they make a graph with all the different aspects of it, and then the different OS's next to it and what they are like for that category.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Desqview/X! Haven't seen that mentioned lately...

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
The ultimate selection of Mobile OS... and I dislike all of them.

How nice. Hope my current phone does not break soon or I'll end up buying another ~$10 one.

Once again, being a Microsoft platform, the PIM functions for contacts, schedule, and task management are top of the line – better than any other OS. Every
Oh god. If that's true then there's no need for me to even ask. I'm ashamed already.

Last edited by javispedro; 2009-07-31 at 01:05.

Pfft. That's a Microsoft fanboy talking there. If it's so great, then why is Cringly, a long like MS shill totally pooping all over MS? Simple answer. Because they suck! hehe. It's so darned easy to spot a Microsoft fanboy these days. They write like their head is in the sand. Or they've got a lot of Redmond bills in their hand.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
one thing comes to mind about their app speed test. Iirc, apple pulls a mind trick on the user by throwing up a image of the app interface part way thru the launch, so to give the impression that the apps up and running and doing something in the background...

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
I really want a device that can run any OS. VMWare, where are you!

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

The Following User Says Thank You to Thesandlord For This Useful Post: