hi i installed kde in my n810 but i don't liked beacuse is a llttle slow and some applications dont fit the screen =/
so i tried to remove the kde by updating the tablet OS with the nokia updater everything works fine and i got my tablet with kde remove but the internal memory of the tablet is 128mb and it supose to be 2gb =(
so i think that the tablet take the kde swap partition and mounted it as the mmc2 internal memory and the other 1.8gb or something is lost in some place XD
i want to know if someone knows how to join the mmc2 memory again.

when i connect the tablet to the pc the pc show me two usb devices but i can only access to the 128mb one and the other dosent mount.

i hope u guys can help me sorry if my english is bad XD

Penguinbait's Gparted should help:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=24679

The Following User Says Thank You to derhorst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
hi i installed kde in my n810 but i don't liked beacuse is a llttle slow and some applications dont fit the screen =/
so i tried to remove the kde by updating the tablet OS with the nokia updater everything works fine and i got my tablet with kde remove but the internal memory of the tablet is 128mb and it supose to be 2gb =(
so i think that the tablet take the kde swap partition and mounted it as the mmc2 internal memory and the other 1.8gb or something is lost in some place XD
i want to know if someone knows how to join the mmc2 memory again.

when i connect the tablet to the pc the pc show me two usb devices but i can only access to the 128mb one and the other dosent mount.

i hope u guys can help me sorry if my english is bad XD

You need to repartition the SD card and format it as FAT.

Do you have a windows system? If so, use the usb cable from 810, and connect to windows. Then open disk manager and delete all the partitions, and create 1 bigger one.

This will delete any data currently on the 128MB mmc currently being used.

EDIT,

Or you could use gparted too
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Last edited by penguinbait; 2009-06-03 at 21:35.

after some hard work XD i join all the partitions together in a big partition of 1..89gb with windows but then .... the tablet dont recognize the internal memory T-T
if i go to control panel->memory i only see device memory.

so i checked fdstab and i see that the only device in the list was mmc1 -.-U so what i should do now to get this working again T-T

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
after some hard work XD i join all the partitions together in a big partition of 1..89gb with windows but then .... the tablet dont recognize the internal memory T-T
if i go to control panel->memory i only see device memory.

so i checked fdstab and i see that the only device in the list was mmc1 -.-U so what i should do now to get this working again T-T
did you format it?

try to open xterm as root and run mkfs.vfat /dev/mmcblk0p1 or 1p1
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

ty i get the mmc2 card worknig now i erase the partition using a partition software because windows disk manager dont let me because its says that the disk operations like erase can't be donde in removable disks.
so i erase the partition and format with the software but didnt work like i said but then i just erase the partition again with the partition software and create the new partition using windos disk mananager and it work fine :P i think that the paritition software do something wrong creating parititons

thanks for the help ^^