Active Topics

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Beijing, China
Hi, everyone! When I start my program from task navigator, sometimes it didn't response or will be corrupted after running for in a short time . However , when I start it from X term, everything is ok. So, I want to know is there any way to debug in the first situation. Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to chuan huang For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by chuan huang View Post
When I start my program from task navigator, sometimes it didn't response or will be corrupted after running for in a short time . However , when I start it from X term, everything is ok.
Your application isn't registering itself properly with D-Bus, which causes the D-Bus daemon to kill your application a short time after the application is launched from a desktop file. Starting the application from the command line avoids this issue, but obviously isn't a long term solution.

You'll need to look up information on how get your app to register itself with D-Bus. I've not done any Maemo development myself, so I don't know those details.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Beijing, China
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Your application isn't registering itself properly with D-Bus, which causes the D-Bus daemon to kill your application a short time after the application is launched from a desktop file. Starting the application from the command line avoids this issue, but obviously isn't a long term solution.

You'll need to look up information on how get your app to register itself with D-Bus. I've not done any Maemo development myself, so I don't know those details.
i see, thanks