Active Topics

Notices

right, first off, i tried using MADDE and theme maker, but neither worked MADDE died in installation every time, theme maker refuses to boot up, so anyway ive started doing it manually, it isnt urgent atm cause im still in the middle of creating it, but is there a program or something that lets me create it into a .deb file in windows? i did browse around a little but just keeps referring to MADDE and TM, since its got it built in, so anyone know of such a program?

Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Nope. Only thing you can do is install a Linux distro on your computer or something, they have native build tools.

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by xFinal View Post
right, first off, i tried using MADDE and theme maker, but neither worked MADDE died in installation every time, theme maker refuses to boot up, so anyway ive started doing it manually, it isnt urgent atm cause im still in the middle of creating it, but is there a program or something that lets me create it into a .deb file in windows? i did browse around a little but just keeps referring to MADDE and TM, since its got it built in, so anyone know of such a program?
Nope but if you have all the files for the theme you can build it on N900 using pypackage

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following User Says Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
well i do have it on my phone in themes dir, so would this pypackage make the .deb? plus im guessing it would need root access aswell.

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by xFinal View Post
well i do have it on my phone in themes dir, so would this pypackage make the .deb? plus im guessing it would need root access aswell.
Yes it will make the deb for you.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

proberly not the right area to be asking about it lol but, is there meant to be a shortcut to launch it or do i need to launch it in ipython somehow? come round to starting to pack a theme, but every guide i seem to find just says launch the appliaction but i cant find anything to actually launch it.....lol