Hi all

just got my nokia n900 from mpd on the tmobile web and walk deal and it seems that any sip phone calls will not work, they work fine through wifi however.

I planned on using this for sipphone only to receive calls from the us!

Are there alternate settings for the inet from tmobile or should i switch to a different carrier?

Last edited by twodice; 2009-12-08 at 14:07.

Posts: 253 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bristol, UK
if I remember right, the T&Cs of web n walk prohibit VOIP so I wouldn't be surprised. I think you can use VOIP on one of their mobile broadband packages but it'll cost you.

So they are port blocking, Voip works on the android platform on tmobile though

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Nottingham, UK
Originally Posted by twodice View Post
Hi all

just got my nokia n900 from mpd on the tmobile web and walk deal and it seems that any sip phone calls will not work, they work fine through wifi however.

I planned on using this for sipphone only to receive calls from the us!

Are there alternate settings for the inet from tmobile or should i switch to a different carrier?
I'm with Virgin, who use T-mobile, and the 'basic' unlimited internet doesn't include VOIP, as stated in T and C

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Mate has an N95 on TMobile and nokia client works with sipgate so maybe routing to a stun server?

Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
Mate has an N95 on TMobile and nokia client works with sipgate so maybe routing to a stun server?
How could I make that work? Right now all I am doing is following the settings on the gizmo site user/pass proxy and stun server info

Put my orange blackberry sim in and that works fine, would changing my web and walk to a blackberry tariff on tmobile change anything? Really confused about how to get a work around on tmobile without paying an extra 20 quid on top for their max plan

anyone know of any workaround?

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
How could I make that work? Right now all I am doing is following the settings on the gizmo site user/pass proxy and stun server info
Sorry - I didn't realise you were using Gizmo - I just use a direct SIP account on sipgate. I've noticed some odd things though with my connection: works fine at home, on O2 connection but not at my client site.

anyone know of any workaround?
Yes, add the 'max' mobile data option to your account - you will then be permitted to use SIP.