Notices

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
After using Pidgin all day at work, suddenly at home only my google account contacts work - no Yahoo account contacts. When I run Pidgin my two Google contacts are displayed and I can chat with them. All my Yahoo contacts are no longer listed and at the bottom of the screen it says "Available - Connecting". I have not changed anything, Help!

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
After using Pidgin all day at work, suddenly at home only my google account contacts work - no Yahoo account contacts. When I run Pidgin my two Google contacts are displayed and I can chat with them. All my Yahoo contacts are no longer listed and at the bottom of the screen it says "Available - Connecting". I have not changed anything, Help!
Ah nuts!

Mine too!

Help!!!!!! *lol*

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Ah nuts!

Mine too!

Help!!!!!! *lol*
Thanks for the quick reply! I won't waist my time trouble-shooting.

Same here. Started this afternoon.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
My Pidgin (with libpurple 2.6.2) works.

Same on mine with rtcomm installed, no Yahoo. It was working.

well, I am hoping that this Yahoo glitch will be corrected by tomorrow. I use Pidgin to chat for up to 18 hours every day. The company I work for uses Microsoft Communicator so that I can use Pidgin to chat with thousands of employees. Actually I only chat with maybe fifty.

I only chat with like 5 friends.

Now I suddenly feel so small........

I think the IM services are having another IM war. Mine's been pissy lately too, but with Aim instead of Yahoo. Just give the devs a little bit of time to patch the issue, then update and you should be fine.

So is everyone that is experiencing problems using the Chinese server trick like myself?