Active Topics

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 164 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Chateauroux, FRANCE
Salut !

J'ai installé le SDK 5 Final il ya trois jours, et il est plus complet que le beta 2, cool !

mais meme en ajoutant des depots (extras, devel ...) je ne peux rien installer : je clique sur n'importe quel programme et rien ne se passe ....

je ne peux pas non plus ajouter des contacts sur le bureau ....

je ne peux pas lire de mp3 ....

et en plus je ne sais pas patcher xephyr sur jaunty ...

ni comment compiler qt4.6 beta sur maemo ....

pouvez vous m'aider SVP ?

PS : je suis sur Linux Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope 32bits.

Last edited by TheBootroo; 2009-10-16 at 10:58.

hummmm, i was thinking "Why nobody answers me ???"

But I wrote my post in french ! I'm sorry ...

Here is the english version :

I just installed the Maemo 5 Final SDK 3 days ago, and it's more complete than beta2 version, that's cool !

But i've some problems :

1 - Even adding some repos (extras, devel ...) I can't install anything : I clicked many times on list entres but nothing happended ...

2 - I can't add widgets or contacts on the desk, just shortcuts or bookmarks ...

3 - I can't listen any music (mp3 ...)

4 - I don't know how to patch Xephyr on Jaunty

5 - I don't found how to compile Qt4.6 beta preview on Maemo5 SDK ...

Could you help me please ?

PS : I'm on a Ubuntu Linux 9.04 "Jaunty Jackalope" 32bits, with Maemo 5 Final SDK, target X86 ...

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 261 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Salut TheBootroo!

There are other native French speakers in maemo, none that read this forum apparently.

Please note that there is a final SDK released recently - try that instead, it is much more complete!

http://www.forum.nokia.com/Tools_Doc...atforms/Maemo/

They have moved the SDK to Forum Nokia, I think this is a permanent move, but the documentation for installation is still on Maemo.org;
http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/...l_Installation

More links to docs on Forum Nokia; http://www.forum.nokia.com/Technolog...ms/Maemo.xhtml

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
How I fixed Xephyr.

Do not proceed until you have fixed Xephyr, it will just crash when you try to enter the web address!

You cannot install anything by default in the SDK as it thinks it is in offline mode due to not emulating WiFi or Phone mode.

Go to the application menu by clicking on the Application Menu button (on the top left corner of the screen) -> App manager -> Click on the application manager window title area -> Click "Application catalogues" ->Click "New"

Enter "matrix" as the web address, then click in the blank space above the window to cancel. It will then ask you if you want red pill (advanced mode, yes we do) or blue pill (turn advanced mode off again). Choose Red Pill.

Now click the Application Manager title again and select Settings.
Tick "Assume Net Connection" and that will allow application manager to work. You may also want to scroll down in Settings and select "Show All Packages" but I would be very careful with that as it shows a lot of stuff that can probably mess up the SDK.

Be aware, you have to enabled red pill mode every time you start/restart the SDK!

I also find the SDK REALLY buggy. I enabled support for MSN, AIM and Yahoo and it worked for a while, then locked up. When I went back in, it no longer will sign me in. Its stuck in offline even though the web browser and package manager work fine.

The only music I got to work was FLAC after adding the OGG Support package. The default music files it finds in the SDK will not play and Internet Radio does not work either. Widgets do seem to work though but there does not seem to be many of them to try.

Also FLASH does not work for the web browser as I believe that is only available compiled for ARM and the SDK will only run Hildon in i386 mode. I believe this is an issue with QEMU not supporting the Cortex A8 and Hildon presumably is optimised for that specific CPU. I hope this gets fixed later as its not much of an SDK IMO without full device emulation.

Last edited by Alex Atkin UK; 2009-10-16 at 13:34.

Did you manage to report any bugs to bugs.maemo.org? That would be helpful.

ok thkx for the matrix tip... But what is the adress of your xephyr ppa please ?

Originally Posted by jeremiah View Post
Did you manage to report any bugs to bugs.maemo.org? That would be helpful.
I am always afraid to report bugs assuming it was something I did wrong. I tend to run away screaming when I see all those fields on Bugzilla and wouldn't know where to start collecting the information from to report a bug.

As for Xephyr, see this thread.

Last edited by Alex Atkin UK; 2009-10-16 at 13:18.

Yeah, bugzilla is not perhaps the friendliest tool in the world.

But, you might find that you could at least submit a fairly simple report and then they might ask you for more info. You also might see that there is a fix and you are not doing anything to cause the bug.

Or you might find that you found a bug and saved users a lot of grief. Bug reporting is one of those tasks that does not get the thanks it deserves unfortunately, but bug reporters are often the unsung heroes of free software.

I encourage you to try, you will be helping maemo out that's for sure!

I kinda looked at it from the point of view of "does anyone care if it doesn't work in the SDK?". Now obviously if I get my N900 and it still breaks I would be forced to report a bug anyway, but I got the impression it was working fine on the actual hardware.

I guess it just takes some getting used to realising that its all open source and bugs will only get fixed if you help. I have been using Linux for years and still haven't gotten this into my brain, lol.

Mind you what makes it worse with the SDK is I am a Mandriva KDE man and had to install Ubuntu with Gnome to get the SDK working. So I kinda feel like a fish out of water there to start with. For some reason, I just find it hard adjusting to Ubuntu.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alex Atkin UK For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
I cant get the armel to display anything.
The app manager just does nothing, I do all installs with apt atm.
the mediaplayer does not play anything (not even the preinstalled stuff) and gets stuck at the overview (not closeable by "x" or not coming back up)
and how do I get flashplayer working? no youtube or other videowebsite is working
most of the buttons look broken when hovered or touched (well I dont care but isnt any SDK meant to be close to release if its a final version?)
scrolling sometimes scrolls to the end of a list very fast but not the other way round

to be continued...