ok so here is the deal. i got my girlfriend a 770 for her birthday because she liked mine so much, but i cannot get her google account to work under google talk. i can get mine to work under her machine but not hers. i have tried getting her a new account but still does not work.

it says error connecting to server, what can i do?

thanks

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Toronto, Canada
is it running OS 2006?

Originally Posted by ilia
is it running OS 2006?
yes it is, came with it installed when i purchased it.

Now that i am on an actual keyboard, ill say some of the stuff i have tried...

Ok, i have tried creating a new account from the 770 google talk program (did not work)

I have tried deleteing the account, reboot, reboot, create the account, reboot and then login (did not work)

Tried changing the settings in the internet browser, and in google talk (still did not work)

So i dont really know what else to do....

thanks guys for the help!

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by spotdog14
yes it is, came with it installed when i purchased it.

Now that i am on an actual keyboard, ill say some of the stuff i have tried...

Ok, i have tried creating a new account from the 770 google talk program (did not work)

I have tried deleteing the account, reboot, reboot, create the account, reboot and then login (did not work)

Tried changing the settings in the internet browser, and in google talk (still did not work)

So i dont really know what else to do....

thanks guys for the help!
Try creating the account from a pc: due to licensing issues, Google Talk accounts cannot be installed directly on the 770 in certain countries.

Please don't ask me why this is so...

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Mine did this when I entered an incorrect password. Editing didn't help. I believe there was something in the home directory that had to be deleted (a profile or something). Go to your home dir and do an 'ls -l' and see if any of the hidden files/directories mention anything. My Gtalk Help thread should be around somewhere (I'm dealing with a massive production issue at work (and my A.D.D. apparently) right now so I don't have time to look it up)

Originally Posted by Hedgecore
Mine did this when I entered an incorrect password. Editing didn't help. I believe there was something in the home directory that had to be deleted (a profile or something). Go to your home dir and do an 'ls -l' and see if any of the hidden files/directories mention anything. My Gtalk Help thread should be around somewhere (I'm dealing with a massive production issue at work (and my A.D.D. apparently) right now so I don't have time to look it up)

mmmm, so what you are saying is that i have to do the "get root" hack on her 770 and then search of a config file for g/talk and delete it, and make sure when i setup the g/talk i use allt he correct info the first time?