Notices

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Alexandria, VA, USA
Have you experienced this on your N900? What did you do to fix it?

Media Player shows some of my FLAC albums twice, once under the correct name and once with the name doubled. E.g. "Appetite for Destruction" appears as both "Appetite for Destruction" and "Appetite for Destruction, Appetite for Destruction".

The songs that show under the doubled album name have their titles doubled. E.g. "Welcome to the Jungle" appears as both "Welcome to the Jungle" and "Welcome to the Jungle, Welcome to the Jungle".

The affected files are in ~/MyDocs/Music. The FLAC files in /media/mmc1/Music do not suffer from this doubling of album and song names. EDIT 20100816: This seems not to matter.

I updated something related to ogg or flac recently because App Manager told me to. After that, I had to reindex my music. Then I noticed the doubling effect. I've rebooted my N900 at least once since then and I've initiated rebuilding the tracker db using 'tracker-processes -r' several times. Each time the results are the same: some doubled album names and doubled song names.

My N900 runs Community SSU version 20.2010.36-2maemo15.

I have these FLAC-related packages installed:
  • decoders-support 0.4
  • libflac8 1.2.1-1.1maemo3 (STATUS: rc)
  • libogg0 1:1.1.3-2.tk2
  • libtrackerclient0 0.6.95-35maemo1+0m5
  • ogg-support 1.1
  • tracker-distutils 0.1-1
  • tracker-extractor-flac 0.2-1 (STATUS: rc)
  • tracker-extractor-vorbis 0.1-2maemo2 (STATUS: rc)
  • tracker-utils 0.6.95-35maemo1+0m5

Except where noted, all of the packages have the status "ii".

Last edited by talmage; 2011-08-16 at 21:33.

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Alexandria, VA, USA
Anyone else observe this in their FLAC files?

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Ipswich, Uk
Cant say too much about what packages Ive got on my phone but for sure Ive got loads of flac tunes on my phone and non have doubled up names..!. I do have ogg but as for the support files Im not sure. Ive never had to update ogg that I know of but all of my tracks are just on the root and not in music as well does it really matter that the music is on the root? they all still show up in music. Can not understand why you have this issue..

Loz.

Audiophile real hi end hifi lover: Revolver Rebel turntable Ortofon CMBPRO stylus, Arcam FMJ MS250 Media server, Krell KRC-2 Analogue pre amp, DENON UDRA-70 sub amp, Harmon Kardon EQ8 eq.
ECS EA1 mono block amps x2, Tannoy M3, Tannoy ST50 super tweeters.
Tannoy 625 Alfie Sub, Revo iblik Wifi reflashed now with DAB. Pure Sound

Dont steal, the govenment hates the compitition.

www.vacrite.co.uk