I did a killall hildon-desktop in xterm to update my transitions.ini changes and then everything just went crazy. Did a hard reset and now only some widgets and icons show up on my left corner. I can see the status bar and I tap it to bring up the menu but then it disappears. Cannot even connect to wifi because it just disappears after that. I've read that it could be a problem with the transitions.ini file. Tried to open xterm with ctrl+shift+x with no avail.

My N900 has a broken USB so I cannot reflash my phone. Anyone know any other way or had a similar problem know a solution to this issue?

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
wow, thats cool, never hard reset ur N900 with cssu installed, thats my experience, maybe others can help you, or maybe you can still open xterminal from menu?

I can't even access the apps menu. I can only open the widgets or apps that are piled on top of each other on the left corner.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
have u try to reboot ur phone? im noob, i wish i can help u with simple thing, sorry

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@dmb769 Seems you messed up transitions.ini, so you can try to reboot and press ctrl-shift-x while hildon-desktop is still not crashed. Once you have terminal, you can fix what you've broken.

BTW your thread title is misleading, it leaves the impression that it is CSSU who left your device in unusable state. While it was your mistake. I will appreciate if you change it to something correctly describing what has happened.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
@dmb769 Seems you messed up transitions.ini, so you can try to reboot and press ctrl-shift-x while hildon-desktop is still not crashed. Once you have terminal, you can fix what you've broken.

BTW your thread title is misleading, it leaves the impression that it is CSSU who left your device in unusable state. While it was your mistake. I will appreciate if you change it to something correctly describing what has happened.
Well, I've had my N900 for almost 2 years and this is the first time I had this problem when I recently installed the CSSU yesterday. My apologies if I implied the fault was with the CSSU it's just that I have edited and killall hildon-desktop a million times before with the vanilla N900 with no problems along with editing the transitions.ini file. Thought it could be a CSSU-related issue so that's why I included it in the title.

Tried my best to open X-Term and still no go.

Last edited by dmb769; 2012-03-10 at 15:47.

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
@dmb769
As per freemangordon, reboot wait for a few seconds after nokia hands and bash Ctrl + Shift and X until Terminal appears, you may have to try it a few times.
Without a working uUSB I am unsure of another solution.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
wow, thats cool, never hard reset ur N900 with cssu installed, thats my experience, maybe others can help you, or maybe you can still open xterminal from menu?
sorry for being off topics, but..
seriously? this is new to me. haven't installed CSSU myself, and if this true, i might end up never installing CSSU this way

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Oh ... just remembered..
If you haven't removed the Power Key entry for CSSU Features you can restore the transitions.ini from there.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Oh ... just remembered..
If you haven't removed the Power Key entry for CSSU Features you can restore the transitions.ini from there.
Can you elaborate or link me to what you're talking about.

For the life of me, I still cannot open Xterm. I removed the boot video (Nokia hands) from start up so it goes straight from the Nokia logo to the loading dots. Where exactly do I have to hit the shortcut key to access Xterm?