I've been waiting for my screen protector ever since i got my n900. i screen protect all my little devices but anyways, been reading the posts about screen protectors and theres always the question if the proximity sensor will work fine without having a hole there.

i hear answers like no it won't because its a proximity sensor and the screen protector will cover it causing it not to work properly. well thats stupid because the screen protector is clear..

bottom line, i bought the one at clear protectors for 7.50 shipped and installed it perfectly and proximity sensors still works (this screen protector has no hole for it)

just wanted to make this clear because no one else made it clear for me to find and read.

Just wanted to say a big thanks for the confirmation. Makes it much easy when shopping for screen protectors knowing this fact.

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
I think it entirely depends on how good the screen protector is otherwise Nokia would not mention in the manual not to cover it.

also thanks for this info. i will now go order one from clearprotector.

Originally Posted by kakeashi View Post
I've been waiting for my screen protector ever since i got my n900. i screen protect all my little devices but anyways, been reading the posts about screen protectors and theres always the question if the proximity sensor will work fine without having a hole there.

i hear answers like no it won't because its a proximity sensor and the screen protector will cover it causing it not to work properly. well thats stupid because the screen protector is clear..

bottom line, i bought the one at clear protectors for 7.50 shipped and installed it perfectly and proximity sensors still works (this screen protector has no hole for it)

just wanted to make this clear because no one else made it clear for me to find and read.
Was it easy to apply, as you are only given one. So if you mess up in installing it, you are assed out!!

it was very easy to apply as i have done this many many times before

i just take a bowl, some water, 1 drop or 2 of dish washer soap, stir and wait for all the bubbles to disappear.

clean the screen to perfection and wet my fingers in the soapy water, (so it won't leave fingerprints while working) remove the screen protector, dip it in the soapy water, remove it. make sure there are no soap suds on the sticky side of the protector, if so, redip until there are none or very little.

then just place it over the n900 and use a credit card of some sort. and squeegee the water out (remember to keep a finger on the screen to prevent it from moving!). do this only after adjusting to a perfect fit

process took me less than 5 minutes

just wanna super confirm that it does work, i have tested the proximity with my fingers, face, with and without the screen protector.

before the screen protector i also put a plastic over it (its not even super clear as the screen protector) and tested it with my fingers and face, it still works.

SO YES IT WORKS and i am very happy

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Como, Italy
thaks for sharing.

btw which brand of screen protector did you apply?

http://www.clearprotector.com/nokia-...protector.html

use the code 'MILITARY' for 50% off, and itll be 7.50$ shipped to you

great great great screen protector btw, its just like zaggs/bestskinsever and its really cheap with the discount code

the website mentions it doesn't yellow out over time and i have experienced that with zagg and bestskinsever.. soo i hope clearprotector doesn't yellow out, and get nasty, that would be great

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Como, Italy
I have ordered from Zagg and durasec already. Being in Italy, even though they shipped, I haven't received it in 10+ days