Active Topics

Well after a few weeks, many reboots, reflashing etc, and I'm still stuck with this problem.
When I plug my N900 into any laptop,netbook or PC I get the same error 'Ovi Suite/PC Suite does not recognise the connected phone'
When I connect my N900 I select 'PC Suite Mode' but it makes no difference.
Everything worked fine until I upgraded to 1.3.

Help!!

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Did you try to reinstall Ovi suite? Remove all installed components ( connectivity drivers etc) and try to reinstall it. Latest version of Ovi is in beta but it works fine with N900 , you can even browse memory card in PC Suite mode

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Ok, I will give that a go.
I have tried connecting my phone to 3 different PCs, and it had the same fault on all of them (Windows 7 and XP)

BT

Just tried it, and I have the same result.

I removed everything from the PC drivers wise.

Humbug

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ copenhagen, Denmark
Yeah, I am having similar problems - it connects, finds my device, but only sometimes it will sync my contacts or my messages. It won't sync my photos or anything else. AND it claims my maps are not there (I downloaded the maps to my phone with the earlier version of Ovi Suite). How do I know if I have the maps on my phone ?
If not, then how do I get maps on my phone ? (I am not always in range of internet connection, when using the gps)
Also, I would like to be able to sync everything - would make things easier. Right now I use WinSCP to connect with the phone and I just make raw file dumps - kind of tedious.
Any help will be appreciated.
Happy New Year everybody

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ljubljana, Slovenia
Hi!

Try updating Ovi to latest 3.0.0.284 -- before this update I had problems syncing on stationery computer w7 x64. Other two (laptop w7 x64 and XP x86) worked without problems.

Regards,
b.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
pc suite works for syncing solid on the win7 64bit.

ovi suite, even the newest one still is scrap. crashes, botched my contacts (every time i attempt to use it again, since i have been beta testing every version since the begining)

i do believe it may work on a 32 bit machine, but since here in the USA, most new computers are shipped with 64bit, it really needs to be flawless out of the box....not flawful.

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ copenhagen, Denmark
Thanks Sponka,
but it is the latest (3.0.0.284) that I have tried to use - it installed fine, but syncing just isn't working properly. My original intention was to use Ovi Suite for backups and downloading maps + syncing my contact to my Nokia account (if all else fails). I am sure somehow it is a driver issue on XP - tried running PC Suite cleanup (since I started out with that one) and PC Suite cleanup just crashed.