Active Topics

I've been trying to stream Youtube videos as video/mp4 using the media player.

Try open this link http://www.youtube.com/get_video?fmt...5Iczh6aNMsQ%3D on your N900 and see what happens! It will ask you whether you want to save or stream it onto your N900. If you click "open with media player", it will open this video as an audio livestream and therefore fail to play it back!

Is there any workaround for that?
Also, I'm new to this community and I don't know how to file bugs to bugzilla, but I think this issue needs to be fixed!

Last edited by youxing; 2009-12-27 at 20:32.

It doesn't do anything on my Mac laptop either, so I don't think it's the N900 that has a problem here.

for what is worth this link is not doing anything on windows firefox either. maybe something wrong with the link?

Sorry the link expired! I forgot that youtube links only work for a couple of minutes until they expire!

Follow those instructions to get your own download link!

1. Add a new bookmark in your N900 browser called:

"Get Youtube video"

Paste this code as your URL

URL:

Code:
javascript:(function(){if(document.getElementById('download-youtube-video'))return;var%20args=null,video_title=null,video_id=null,video_hash=null;var%20download_code=new%20Array();var%20fmt_labels={'18':'standard%20MP4','22':'HD%20720p','37':'HD%201080p'};try{args=yt.getConfig('SWF_ARGS');video_title=yt.getConfig('VIDEO_TITLE')}catch(e){}if(args){var%20fmt_url_map=unescape(args['fmt_url_map']);if(fmt_url_map=='')return;video_id=args['video_id'];video_hash=args['t'];video_title=video_title.replace(/[%22\'\?\\\/\:\*%3C%3E]/g,'');var%20fmt=new%20Array();var%20formats=fmt_url_map.split(',');var%20format;for(var%20i=0;i%3Cformats.length;i++){var%20format_elems=formats[i].split('|');fmt[format_elems[0]]=unescape(format_elems[1])}for(format%20in%20fmt_labels){if(fmt[format]!=null){download_code.push('%3Ca%20href=\''+(fmt[format]+'&title='+video_title)+'\'%3E'+fmt_labels[format]+'%3C/a%3E')}else%20if(format=='18'){download_code.push('%3Ca%20href=\'http://www.youtube.com/get_video?fmt=18&video_id='+video_id+'&t='+video_hash+'\'%3E'+fmt_labels[format]+'%3C/a%3E')}}}if(video_id==null||video_hash==null)return;var%20div_embed=document.getElementById('watch-embed-div');if(div_embed){var%20div_download=document.createElement('div');div_download.innerHTML='%3Cbr%20/%3E%3Cspan%20id=\'download-youtube-video\'%3EDownload:%20'+download_code.join('%20|%20')+'%3C/span%3E';div_embed.appendChild(div_download)}})();void(0)
2. Go to youtube.com, watch any video you like.
3. Once the video starts loading, pause it.
4. Press Ctrl+B to open your bookmarks, and click on the "Get Youtube Video" bookmark you've just created
5. A download link will appear right underneath the youtube video description (see attachment)
6. Click this link. The browser will ask you whether you wanna save the video or stream it. Click "Open using Media Player" and media player will crash while trying to load the video as an audio stream
Attached Images