Notices

Hi all,

I found a bug when using the vpnc application which is in the maemo-devel repository and I'm not sure how to report it to the author.

The bug is if you attempt to connect to a cisco VPN concentrator while on a cellular network (non-wifi basically), the connection will be successful (as long as you provided the proper credentials), but upon disconnecting, DNS on the N900 no longer works. Pinging raw IP addresses DOES work. The only solution I've found to fix it is reflashing the device.

Maintainer has most probably email address. Also you leave comments here http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...nc/0.5.1r334-1

Most probably you can fix it by placing 127.0.0.1 to /etc/resolv.conf

The Following User Says Thank You to mikkov For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the tip, I may give it another shot and see what gets slapped in there after connecting.

I ran into this same problem. I could get the device working by deleting resolv.conf file after using vpnc.
Has anyone informed the author of this problem?

Posts: 219 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
I haven't had this issue since I updated my vpnc to a new version few days back. My current version is 0.5.8-0m5.

You can check this with:

$ apt-cache policy vpnc

I can connect using wifi thru vpnc typically 80% successful.

Using tmobile 3g is different story, my successful rate is only 20%.

Any suggestion ?

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chicago
Hey guys, with VPNC does the PW requirements on the devel package allow you to use alpha characters? For some reason when I installed it, I can only use numeric characters in the password field. Figured I am doing something wrong?