Notices

According to this there is a new and much improved version of speedcrunch available.

However, there is no maemo package available for it. The most recent one I could find is 0.8-1 here.

Any pointers?

I tried but I couldn't get the deb you posted to install. +1 for speedcrunch on the NITs

The deb above installs fine, just run a apt-get install libqt4-core and apt-get install libqt4-gui as root first.

Doesn't look like anyone has compiled the new version for maemo yet..... anyone have the time? http://speedcrunch.googlecode.com/fi...-0.10.1.tar.gz

Last edited by st5150; 2008-09-27 at 06:12.

I found SpeedCrunch to be a very nice calculator. Is it available for N900?

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ddwalker View Post
I found SpeedCrunch to be a very nice calculator. Is it available for N900?
I compiled it today for N900 and it's not so nice looking without some UI changes. The required changes are mainly just getting rid of some menu entries.

Anyway I put it in a package and just uploaded it to extras-devel so it should be available from there soon if the build succeeds. The package installs most the stuff in /opt so it won't fill your precious rootfs so much.

I didn't do any other changes yet. I'll start working first on making the menus more Maemo friendly and then fine tune the installation locations.

I build the application using Qt 4.5. I'll start using 4.6 after it replaces 4.5 in the N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to timoph For This Useful Post:
Wow, timoph, you responded so quickly. Thanks!

How long does it take to show up in the extras-devel. I still don't see it.

I tried to install speedcrunch but it says to me that is unsble to install it because of some packages are missing.More specifically it says that libqt4-core(>=4.6.0),libqt4-gui(>=4.6.0),libqt4-xml(>=4.6.0) are missing.Do you know how can I fix this?

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
i have speedcruch 0.10.1-1maemo2 installed, but cannot install update, says that libqt4-core(>=4.6.0),libqt4-gui(>=4.6.0),libqt4-xml(>=4.6.0) are missing

Posts: 313 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA
Looks like it has been built using PR 1.2 SDK and is now using Qt 4.6.x, you'll have to wait for PR 1.2 to be available on phone for the update to install

The Following User Says Thank You to dsawhney For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by dsawhney View Post
Looks like it has been built using PR 1.2 SDK and is now using Qt 4.6.x, you'll have to wait for PR 1.2 to be available on phone for the update to install
so obviously the update is soon then?