Can some one create an application sort of like "nlights for the ngage classic". The application would be able to decrease / increase the power of the *actual* lights (not brightness/contrast) of the keypad and screen display.

The application would be able to take off the screen and keypads lights and or allow users the option of determining how much power they want the phone to apply to the sceen display and keypad lights.
For example if the user wants the display lights of the keypad and screen to be at 50% and 70% power respectively.

Also the application may have the option to Completely turn off the display (lights and all) via key command, gesture, or after a timed period when the phone is locked and isn't in use. The user may also be able to turn their display on via the same means (gestures / key commands). It would also be grand if there would be a seperate key command to turn off keypad lights.

I had an application like this on my ngage classic. By turning off my keypad lights and turning down the screens light power to 70% I was able to double its battery life since I used the mentioned phone as a work horse...planning to do the same to the n900

I am also aware that the company 'mugen' is making a 2300-2400mah replacement battery for the n900 thats due out in february, This application would only add to its current battery life.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by SavageD View Post
The application would be able to decrease / increase the power of the *actual* lights (not brightness/contrast) of the keypad and screen display.
Screen brightness IS the power to the screen lights (at least in N900). You can see the blobs that are selected in the setting draining the battery - 5 blobs punch my battery out in 4 hours, 2 blobs (while usable) get me 12 or so.

Also, IIRC we don't have keyboard control in software (that I remember from some discussion - I could be dead wrong).

However, lowering screen intensity could very much do you the needed service. Keyboard doesn't use that much, the next drain is the CPU and that can't be helped.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.