Notices

Using N900 on version 3.2010.02-08. Tried using Mail for Exchange for the first time today with Exchange Server 2003. E-mail was failing to sync but fixed that by disabling deleted items folder with MfEfolders application. Contacts sync OK. However calendar and tasks are failing and I cannot send mails from the outbox. Will looks at running some logging but anybody have any ideas (apart from waiting for next firmware) or seen this before?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
The calendar tends to have issues with repeating meetings, and possibly with other types of meetings. I've got it disabled on mine at the moment - every so often I set it to do a one-off synch to a new calendar, then delete the old one.

Not sure about sent mails - I can't recall whether I've ever sent anything from the N900. It could be related to the calendar synch issue though - try disabling the calendar synch and see whether that helps.

Yes I saw the discussion about the repeating appointments bug in Vitaly Ripin's MfE post, so have disabled the calendar until next firmware. Bit of a pain to have to use PC Suite just for the calendar.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
See http://wiki.maemo.org/Bugs:Stock_ans...l_for_Exchange for some debugging how-to.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ S.E. Michigan USA
My experience using MfE with a corporate Exchange 2003 server has been almost identical to yours. I have seen all of the symptoms that you mentioned and mfefolders helped a lot in improving the speed and reliability of the Exchange email sync on my N900.

Because MfE is quite new and Exchange 2003 was first supported in the latest firmware version, I anticipate significant progress when PR 1.2 arrives. There are already quite a few bugs open against MfE so I have tried not to add to the noise yet, but I have been collecting syslog and I have run the activesync and calendar traces at times to get ready to report any remaining issues after the PR1.2 upgrade.

If you follow Andre's link and install syslog, don't forget to monitor the log size so you don't fill up the root filesystem. The activesync logging is substantial, and the calendar logging is even more so I expect that you would want to enable them for a single synchronization session in most cases.

Good luck!

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Auckland
I am also having some problems with MfE. My tasks recurrences get deleted when I get a task alert on my N900 (it may be because the N900 calendar doesn't support tasks recurrences?) it doesn't matter what option I choose to acknowledge the task: view, snooze stop. Have any ideas?