Notices

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Suffolk, UK
Hello kind people. I am trying to storyboard an App which I am trying to get backing for from the company i work for but they need some ideas/samples etc. Myself and a colleague are currently drawing them up, but something I really really need help with is one of the main ideas of the app.

Can anyone at all, please help with the following:
I need a filing cabinet with 3 drawers appearing to shake. If you shake the phone, the top drawer opens and a bold gold coloured price appears say £300. then shake again and it closes and middle drawer opens and a silver price appears say £200. Finally, you've guessed it, shake again and it closes and a bottom drawer opens with a bronze price of £100 appears.
Finally, and a bonus completely if this can be done, you can then use the touchscreen to select a drawer, tap the price and it then sends an email to a specified email address (I can PM this if anyone at all can help me)

I really dont have any idea how to go about doing this, and certainly have no development knowledge so any help would be appreciated so so much.

If I can get something basic put together to show them along with our storyboard, then they are keen to push the idea forward with out innovation teams and other companies.

Is this easy to do? How much time would it take someone/some people to do? Is anyone prepared to help? I can't pay, but if anyone is local, beer or food could be provided!!

Thanks for your time in reading

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
heya, actually doesnt sound to hard, but i don;t have the knowledge yet to help - as i'm still learning. But figured out how to read the accelerometer, so can't be too bad.....

Maybe try working on the graphics (easier bits) - to give incentive to a nice dev who can help
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following User Says Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Thanks noobmonkey. I can do the graphics, well screenshots. to create these so they can be used in an App, would I just mock up a filing cabinet and a room etc in something like Photoshop? would it be in a particular resolution ie, same as N900?
See....I'm that bad at this!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Wes79 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wes79 View Post
Thanks noobmonkey. I can do the graphics, well screenshots. to create these so they can be used in an App, would I just mock up a filing cabinet and a room etc in something like Photoshop? would it be in a particular resolution ie, same as N900?
See....I'm that bad at this!!

Lol well, the screen res is 800 * 420
So you have that much to play with

( i'm assuming you want it to be in portrait mode?)

Or like this for landscape?
(Really is easy to just draw it out with QT Designer - leave the code to someone else lol
Attached Images

----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Man Alive!! Did you just do that from scratch in those last few minutes?!

Ok, next step....Get QT Designer!! Cheers for your help

hehe visual basic..net or something else is just as easy - QT takes a few minutes to figure out things like adding an image is actually a label... and where you would normally find "Add image" is, set pixelmap.... lol...

Took me a while...

Doesnt matter what you do it in, but if one suits you and you can show an example, it helps us to understand

If qtdesigner isn't easy, then try visual basic express (free, just need to register if you want it longer then 30 days...)
http://www.microsoft.com/express/Dow...8-Visual-Basic

Now that is easy to draw out a window and add buttons (will take you under 2 minutes!!)

by the way, those cabinets are just from a google search

haha, im glad those cabinets were from a search!
I can use Visual Basic. I will get some ideas on here ASAP in terms of screen shot or something

The Following User Says Thank You to Wes79 For This Useful Post:
haha, im glad those cabinets were from a search!
I can use Visual Basic. I will get some ideas on here ASAP in terms of screen shot or something

hehe - i love vb - everything on a plate and simple - but you get the jyst - find a way to help others help you

lol also - photoshopping that into a few images would be easy
1) all closed
2) one open
3) another one open
4) another one open

5,6,7 - same as open ones with another google image pasted in - gold bar? hehe

Then you could write your app in pseudo code....

<<load>>
Show image x

Detect Phone shakes...
Hide image1
show image2
Detect Phone shakes...

and so on....