Active Topics

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
I know there have been many T-Mobile internet plan/APN threads but I haven't seen anyone with this experience:

I have the $10 internet plan. T-Mobile has my N900's IMEI from when I signed up. Everything works on internet2.voicestream.com APN but it's rather slow and DNS lookups take for-ev-er.

I can connect to epc.tmobile.com APN and get an IP (which I could not when I had no data plan). But nothing works except for DNS lookups and MfE. WWW does not work*, SSH does not work, Gmail IMAP does not work. Has anyone seen that before?

*I can access wap.myvoicestream.com on EPC, but only the text loads, not the images.

According to info on T-Mobile's site, everyone should use epc.tmobile.com for everything. Info online is varied and inconsistent. Everyone has different plans and grandfather this and that, it seems no 2 people have the same experience with T-Mobile internet plans.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by stlpaul View Post
I know there have been many T-Mobile internet plan/APN threads but I haven't seen anyone with this experience:

I have the $10 internet plan. T-Mobile has my N900's IMEI from when I signed up. Everything works on internet2.voicestream.com APN but it's rather slow and DNS lookups take for-ev-er.

I can connect to epc.tmobile.com APN and get an IP (which I could not when I had no data plan). But nothing works except for DNS lookups and MfE. WWW does not work*, SSH does not work, Gmail IMAP does not work. Has anyone seen that before?

*I can access wap.myvoicestream.com on EPC, but only the text loads, not the images.

According to info on T-Mobile's site, everyone should use epc.tmobile.com for everything. Info online is varied and inconsistent. Everyone has different plans and grandfather this and that, it seems no 2 people have the same experience with T-Mobile internet plans.

I used the 25$ plan and it all worked without issue
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

I think the epc is for smartphones and for it to work correctly requires the $25 plan. But that's based off one post and wiki entry I read, people have reported all kinds of success with different plans and APNs.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
I'm on the $10 plan as well internet2 works, around 500-800 kbps down speed dns doesn't seem too slow. epc won't work for me, snds me to an upgrade page.

But I'm pretty happy with it since it saves me $15 a month, I'm not a real heavy user though (wifi at work and home).

I am on $10 plan, using internet2.voicestream.com (the only one that works with $10 plan, I think)

http://www.speedtest.net/result/741141887.png

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
For dns go to opendns.org and use their dns server numbers primary and secondary.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
it's just weird that exchange works on epc... maybe tunnel everything thru that port.