Closed Thread
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
I know this forum must have expanded rapidly with the take up of the N900 but where is the moderation?

I find it difficult to read now as there are so many duplicate posts, irrelevant posts and posts in the wrong sections. The trouble is that the worse this gets the less people use the search engine and the less useful the results of a search become

I am a moderator of another forum, albeit the post count is probably a tenth of this but still we ensure that the organisation and structure is maintained.

If you need more mods the I am willing to help, as I am sure so are others but please can we have some stricter order here or it will become to cluttered to read.

I say this because i want this to remain the valuable resource it has become and not get diluted.

John

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
Please read the following topic. A lot of important points have been made in the numerous pages.

@bockersjv

"I am a moderator of another forum ..."

this forum is a property of Nokia.
Contact Nokia if you are looking for a job of a moderator.

As this forum is not designed alike Nokia Forum, as semantic knowledge database, there is nothing what can be done, as
the implemented search engine is not indexing subject lines properly.

Traffic is exactly generated by asking the same question many times,
as reponses are lost after few days as not being easily accessible.

Good design comes from Usenet.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
this is not forum where there is at least some sort of trying to minimize same questions emerging. What i have heard this place is by design PUB where people chat. Yes this place is quite a mess and is going to be like that.

Originally Posted by Darius2006 View Post
this forum is a property of Nokia.
Contact Nokia if you are looking for a job of a moderator.
What is your problem mate? First you create a thread to say that there's copyright issues with talk.maemo.org being hosted by ITT.com, and now you start sprouting squaddle about tmo being owned by Nokia?

Please stop trolling. Thank you.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CrashandDie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by CrashandDie View Post
What is your problem mate? First you create a thread to say that there's copyright issues with talk.maemo.org being hosted by ITT.com, and now you start sprouting squaddle about tmo being owned by Nokia?

what is your problem ?

This guy is looking for a job of a moderator at maemo.org,
property of Nokia, so Nokia is a contact point.

"
This Site is hosted as a public service by Nokia Corporation, its subsidiaries or affiliates, having its principal office at Keilalahdentie 2-4, P.O. Box 226, FIN-00045 Nokia Group, Finland (business identity code in Finland 0112038-9) ("Nokia").
"
If you are speaking in the name of Nokia Corporation, be so kind to provide your affiliation and official contact details.

If not, stop misguiding on copyrights protection and WIPO Copyrights Protection Convention.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by CrashandDie View Post
Unlikely to happen. This guy got banned on maemo-developers for doing just this - trolling - and now it seems that he is back, here.

Oh, and here's a gem of a thread that got one of his other accounts banned: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=23353

Last edited by qwerty12; 2010-02-15 at 00:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I really think Darius2006 is just seriously and terminally confused.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
For crying out loud.

bockersjv, if you want to be a moderator, you can offer your help in this thread. As far as I'm aware, nobody has ever been denied being a moderator as long as they have a decent track record.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrashandDie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Unlikely to happen. This guy got banned on maemo-developers for doing just this - trolling - and now it seems that he is back, here.

Oh, and here's a gem of a thread that got one of his other accounts banned: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=23353
my dear friend,

there is a legal problem, copyrights violation under WIPO
and as maemo.org is property of Nokia, Nokia is the right entity
to contact.

I would really appreciate those not authorized and and licenced to provide legal advise to stop misguiding on what is protected or is not protected by Copyrights.

All I need to know is why a message, or a new thread posted to
Nokia Forum called maemo.org
does appear in a number of private forums.

Posting to maemo.org is exactly posting to maemo.org and not to any other private or non-private forum.

If you can provide me with legal opinion on this issue
it would be nice.

As maemo.org is a property of Nokia, I would appreciate legal opinion by Nokia.

Closed Thread

Tags
coup by nokia