Active Topics

Notices

Ok, first the facts:

1. Ninjas are mammals.
2. Ninjas fight ALL the time.
3. The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

Create a directory /media/mmc[1-2]/share/sw and put sw.grp, sw.rts in there. Install the deb and run. Be sure to delete the old sw.cfg before first run if you are updating. I made some changes in it.

Now go and flip out.

Link updated: 2008-03-04

Last edited by ukki; 2008-03-04 at 21:35.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
thanks mate, you are on fire!

I will obtain a copy of thiis game and try it/out...

Thanks a lot for all your hard work, can't wait to try it out!

You have ascended to the rank of `ukki daimyo' in my short term memory for this ;

Best icon evAR too!

Now to remap the flight simulator control mappings...

You wanta some wang? Yes I wanta some wang!

I've got the Shadow Warrior box right behind me. I'll have to reinstall this to my PC and see how this runs. Very cool! Thanks ukki!!

I tried running it and it was a no go. I got no result from the menu so I ran it in xterm. It said it "Detected registered GRP". Next there was a "STUB: AlphaMessage (AlphaMessage, game.c:3744)". Then it said to "Type 'SW-?' for command line options". And then a "STUB_ CONTROL_ClearAssignments (CONTROL_ClearAssignments, control,c:222)". And then "STUB: CD audio init (CDAudio_Init, cd.c:1183)". And then ..."Fatal signal: Floating Point Exception (SDL Parachute Deployed)". And final line..."Floating point exception".

Doesn't sound good.

If you need to borrow my registered version, pm me.

That's what I was afraid of. Is your game patched to 1.2 ? If I'm not mistaken, the source is 1.2 and who knows, maybe the datafiles are different in earlier versions. And did you use your own config? If so, please remove it and try the game again.

The Following User Says Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
Success! It was the config file. I was using the config file from the PC install. Once I copied your config file over to the sw directory on my internal card the game worked. It takes a good 10-15 seconds for the main menu to pop on (running from the tablet menu), but it works. I was able to go into the 1st registered episode without a problem. Wow, really great graphics and action! I'll mess with the config file tomorrow and see how well this game works with my N800 controls. BTW, the game from the registered CD was already version 1.2.

Glad to hear it. I'll work on it some more then, try to fix the menus, remove the hardcoded funtion key bindings and make the save game work.

The Following User Says Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
I tried out full version with your config.

I started registered level and controls seem ok to me IMHO. Gameplay is pretty good actually, sometimes it lags for half a second but it is not really noticeable.

Thanks!