Notices

Astute developer Albertas Agejevas realized that Virtual Earth uses tiles similar to Google Maps, and he was gracious enough to contribute a patch that allowed Maemo Mapper to work with Virtual Earth maps.

Maemo Mapper v1.3.5 adds that patch into an official release. It also fixes a route auto-update bug and adds the ability to specify your own route download server.

The Maemo Mapper v1.3.x thread (post #2) contains the URL formats that you would need, but for quick reference, these are the URL formats (use at your own risk; I cannot be held responsible for anyone's use of these URL formats):

Virtual Earth (street)
http://r0.ortho.tiles.virtualearth.n.../r%0s.png?g=45 (link to copy/paste)

Virtual Earth (satellite)
http://a0.ortho.tiles.virtualearth.n...a%0s.jpeg?g=50 (link to copy/paste)

Virtual Earth (hybrid)
http://h0.ortho.tiles.virtualearth.n...h%0s.jpeg?g=50 (link to copy/paste)

Just copy/paste any of these URL formats into Maemo Mapper for access to Virtual Earth maps.

I have to report that Maemo-mapper 1.3.5 wont work with normal
google map / satellite URL:s anymore on N800. The new Virtual Earth URL:s as published on the forum works nicely. Strange.

I have both N800 and 770. On N800 1.3.5 just gives warning about
wrong URL when using google map. On 770 1.3.4 downloads maps
fine with the exactly same URL.

I kind of like Virtual Earth maps more thought

Joni

Originally Posted by job69 View Post
I have both N800 and 770. On N800 1.3.5 just gives warning about wrong URL when using google map. On 770 1.3.4 downloads maps fine with the exactly same URL.
Does the URL with 1.3.5 work on the 770? It might be an n800-specific problem...

I tried all of them on my N800 + maemo-mapper 1.3.5 and they all work fine

I just downloaded and installed 1.3.5. The links to the repositories for the new links work fine, but now the links to Google cause an error. Anybody have this happen?

Originally Posted by carbon View Post
I just downloaded and installed 1.3.5. The links to the repositories for the new links work fine, but now the links to Google cause an error. Anybody have this happen?
770 or n800?

It is a 770, but I have since fixed the problem by deleting the map directory on the mmc card and downloading the maps again. The odd thing is that I seem to get an error frequently about "a bad URL" or "missing file" since I installed 1.3.5. By the way, this is the coolest application I've downloaded for the 770. I've spent several weeks watching the posts and decided to pruchase the IBlue 737 v2. It has worked flawlessly. I'll post this in the appropriate thread .

Thanks,

I get the error as well but it passes and I still get the maps to download...

The Following User Says Thank You to atmasphere For This Useful Post: