Active Topics

I've noticed a change in the behavior of the notification lights post PR1.2. If the screen is locked (via the slider on the right), the blue notification light blinks on new emails. However, if the screen is unlocked, incoming mail does not trigger the notification light. Instead the screen turns on and the new message popup is displayed. I'm pretty sure that before the update, the notification light blinked in both circumstances. I'd prefer this behavior, that way I can tell at a glance if I have a new message. Anyone else seeing this behavior or know a fix? Thanks.

Last edited by PeteMo; 2010-06-06 at 12:23.

Posts: 140 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Earth
Noticed the same here. Behaves different since PR1.2 update and much prefer the blue light notification simplistic noification.

Was doing something yesteday and as a text arrived the new message popped up over the application i was in the middle of using.

After some thinking i wondered if it was directly a PR1.2 issue or an NOTIFY application clash.

I removed CallNotify, sent a text message to myself in unlock mode. No success still no blue led in unlock mode.

I removed Maenotify, sent a text message to myself in unlock mode. Success, the blue led now appears in unlock mode.

I re-installed CallNotify, sent a text message to myself in unlock mode. Success, the blue led still appears in unlock mode.

I then re-installed Maenotify, sent a text message to myself in unlock mode. Success, the blue led still appears in unlock mode.

I've had a small number of applications i've had to uninstall and reinstall since PR1.2 update & restore. Not sure exactly why but not a major issue to uninstall & reinstall so wont shout about it.

My 1.2 update was done by Maemo Flahser 3.5 plus backup/restore from the devices application menu before and after reflash. Part of the restore process after flashing re-installs/re-establishes all the app's. I'm wondering if it's something connected with the latter process.

Anyway, Led issue sorted for moi at least.

N900 - Use, Master, Appreciate.

Last edited by Astute; 2010-06-02 at 22:53.

The Following User Says Thank You to Astute For This Useful Post:
I updated the same way: flash + backup/restore. I didn't have either of the apps you mentioned installed, but I removed/reinstalled several apps I had installed prior to the upgrade and got the lights working again. Thanks for the tip!

Hmm, turns out this isn't quite solved. I've determined that the notification light depends on whether the screen is on or off, and locked or unlocked. If the screen is on, the notification light blinks. If it is off and locked, the light blinks. If the screen is off but unlocked, no notification lights. This happens for me even with a fresh PR 1.2 and emmc. I've created bug 10552 for this.

If you have any issue with the LED notification , try to fix it from health checker.

It will make it work again.

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Thread moved to Maemo 5/Fremantle.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Originally Posted by xomm View Post
Thread moved to Maemo 5/Fremantle.
Thanks for sharing this info ....without any link. "Maemo 5/Fremantle" might as well be on the Moon! Could you kindly care for a direct link, 'cause I'd dying to know what's going on with this issue!

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Originally Posted by Reeby View Post
Thanks for sharing this info ....without any link. "Maemo 5/Fremantle" might as well be on the Moon! Could you kindly care for a direct link, 'cause I'd dying to know what's going on with this issue!
I don't quite follow what you're saying. That was just a house-keeping message. I don't see the point of giving a link to the forum.

But if you insist... .___.

http://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Originally Posted by xomm View Post
I don't quite follow what you're saying. That was just a house-keeping message.
http://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40
Thought you moved the stack some place else. So we continue to discuss it here, right?

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by Reeby View Post
Thought you moved the stack some place else. So we continue to discuss it here, right?
Yes, continue discussing here.