Active Topics

Nokia N900 Open Source Hacks Event at the V&A in London this weekend

Nokia have joined forces with the V&A Museum in London and the current Decode exhibition to showcase the exciting potential of the new Maemo open source operating system of the N900.

To highlight the amazing things you can now do with a Nokia a number of hacks from the recent Push campaign will be on show. These include robots ready to dance on command through the power of text-messaging, tracking your score after a series of real skateboard tricks and a vibrating belt that uses the N900's GPS to guide you to your desired destination.

As well as a range of talks and workshops from leading digital artists the Push creators will be on hand to explain their journey from concept to creation and demo all of the hacks.

It's free to attend so if you're in London this weekend head down to the V&A (see map) from 7.30pm - 10 on Friday night or Saturday & Sunday 10am - 5pm.

Last edited by domt; 2010-02-25 at 13:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to domt For This Useful Post:
Did I mention that this event was free? Well, it is! See you there!

Thanks for the info. I will try to get myself along at some point!

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
More random PR+Marketing from Nokia - but free is free so could be interesting.
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.