hey all, looking for a little tech help. I'm trying to use my phone to dial up to the web on my laptop.

ok, so I get a window pop up titled "connect nokia N900 USB Modem (OTA)"

I'm supposed to enter the following info:

Username

Password

dial

any idea what info I'm supposed to input here?

thanks

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norwich, UK
This depends entirely on your mobile operator, the number itself is often *99# then with the username and password you use to access your operator's data service.
Alternatively if you just use ovi suite to use the device as a modem (note that for me at least, this only ever works via bluetooth, not using the cable) it has a list of loads of operators worldwide and will preset all the connection info for you.

thanks nidO

Get Joikuspot Lite from the internet. It is free and turns your phone into a modem. Says it needs 3g but I have got good service from lower reception. Go to their website (put in Joikuspot Lite), enter your phone model from a list and then enter your mobile phone number including international code, UK code is +44. They will text you back the software and then you can install it. I cant remember if you take the 0 off at the beginning of your mobile number after +44 or not but try both ways until you get the text back. Works great and is simple to use.
Jim

Thanks woodman

woodman. ive tried the site u recomded,on phone model selection it doesnt show the n900,or is this only for other models.sory for short hand am using the phone

u cant get joikuspot lite for n900 u have to buy it from the ovi store

i cant get pc suite runnnig by cable on my 64bit win 7??? and dont have bluetooth is there a way to get the cable working somehow

i can get it to run fine on my 32bit xp install

Last edited by bman; 2010-09-02 at 11:10.