Active Topics

Anyone using motorola s805 bluetooth headphones successfully with the N900? Or any others for that matter and suggest what's going wrong..

I pair them, get a little headphone icon in the status area, but then sound just comes out the n900...

did you get a yellow bar on the screen indicating connection to the headphones are established?

I had the same problem at first with an S305. I restarted BT on the phone, and reset the headphones and waited for the yellow bar to pop up. After that, sounds can be played through my headphones.

I think the issue is it's connecting as a headset, and not in A2DP mode. The icon looks like it might be a headset rather than headphones icon, but then it might be both...

Under the bluetooth menu, select Devices, highlight the headphone, and click edit.
What is the supportable feature? You may see A2DP, HFP etc...

It does A2DP, HFP and HSP.
When i edit /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf and add "AutoConnect=false" it works, but in very poor quality mono mode (i.e. as a headset).

If I could force it to only recognise it as an A2DP device, that'd do me.

Users are complaining about poor BT headphones audio quality and are voting for a bug fix somewhere in this forum.

I think it has to do with a bug that plays music over the headphones as headset mode, as if we're in a call or something... I get that sometimes, but making reconnections seems to fix that.

Yeah that seems to be the issue. I was wondering if I can make the N900 think the 805s don't have HSP or HFP, just A2DP and so force use of that.

This is how I did it with help from a laptop:
1. Pair the laptop to the headphones, and you get to choose between stereo headset or handsfree device.
2. Disconnect the stereo headset profile, and make sure the handsfree profile is connected. (In tray icon, right click BT icon, Quick Connect, Hands-Free audio, and make sure the device is checked for this connection).
3. Pair/Connect the headphones to the phone...

Or, make sure the headphones are not connected to anything else but the phone. Disconnect via the N900 BT interface, and reconnect right after. Now, play anything from the media player, and it works as stereo headset.

However, I noticed that once the headphones are connected, and there's no activity for a short period (~10s), the stereo profile will be dropped. So, for me, I'll at least play some audio file to keep alive upon initial connection, and it stays connected for the rest of the day, as long as the headphones does not power down itself.

Hope this helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to alexei For This Useful Post:
hmm, tried that, but it just says "connection failed" even tho it as connected (but not with A2DP). So it seems to be failing to connect A2DP yet connecting as headset etc.

tried the pc way to force the A2DP profile, and it IS now playing, but with awful audio quality, and the 'phones indicate HFP/HSP so not A2DP.