Active Topics

Notices

Not sure why this app has not seen more 'buzz' here as this is one oustanding note-taking app.

It is running great on my N810 nd is the best structured note-taking app I've seen on and off my tablet.

See more details and screenshots here: http://rasm.ods.org/keepnote/

Some quick grabs from my N810 w/ test entries below.

Do yourself a favor and check this one out!
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Useful Post:
have you checked out yellow notes? (i've been too chicken to try it since it's not in extras yet.)

Originally Posted by wesgreen View Post
have you checked out yellow notes? (i've been too chicken to try it since it's not in extras yet.)
Yeah, I use YellowNottes daily - it's one of my top five apps. No crashes or any issues - check it out.

Posts: 344 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
... Do yourself a favor and check this one out!
Seems to be much more than a note app. More like a word processor. Very cool. I see that it can export to HTML, but I didn't see anyway to sync it to pc. Ideally, one could do that. And n900 support?

It's "supported" in the sense that it runs, as do many PyGTK (and PyQt, and pygame) apps out-of-the-box : they have a single code base that works on anything that has the necessary runtime libraries.
It's not a maemo-specific version however, so it's not "hildonized" (menus and keys), and most of the time theses apps run into problems because they're not designed for small screens : text too small to read, icons too small to click, buttons outside the viewing area...
Maybe KeepNote is an exception, I haven't tried it, but generally a native app will have better usability, even if it doesn't have all the bells and whistles. For example I love the SciTe editor on the desktop, and there was a version that ran on Diablo, but for actual editing on the tablet it's a lot easier to use Khetan's PyGtkEditor...

The Following User Says Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post:
Menus are not too small and there is an option for font size for everything else-

The Following User Says Thank You to Tintin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 344 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles
Any ideas for pc sync?

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 450 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Washington, DC
I have toyed with NoteCase as an outline based note app. KeepNote may be a bit more capable but NoteCase allows you to encrypt the file. It also has versions that run on Linux, Windows, and Mac. The downside is that the author has moved on to a commercial version of the program.

Still, the note app I use on a regular basis in Xournal. The key is that I can take notes with my stylus, including the ability to import a PDF file, mark it up with my stylus, and export a new PDF file. The downside is that each note is a separate file (although it can be multiple pages). It also doesn't support encryption.

Can you tell me if the node expanders are visible for nodes with children? I mean the little triangles in front of the node. When you tap it, it should "open" the node and display its children.

Originally Posted by gbuergisser View Post
Can you tell me if the node expanders are visible for nodes with children? I mean the little triangles in front of the node. When you tap it, it should "open" the node and display its children.
The most I have is a notebook with 5 'levels'.
By using let and right on the dpad i can expand or collapse a node that i am on.
Before I expand it another window will always tell me what subnodes/pages are within the node.