Notices

Hey Guys,

I'm finally using my N900 more, esp when I travel. I have Omni Weather on my desktop and the third location is set to GPS but it never updates or has a locatiom. Do i need to somehow turn on GPS or something. It would be awesome if it were to just find my location and display the weather right when I land in a new city...

Also, it really bugs me that the N900 doesn't have any sort of smart type like my BlackBerry does. Is there anything I can get to automatically put in ' in "doesnt" or capitalizing "i"??

Thanks,

Mike

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
The GPS position used is the last cached position. If the applet kept checking for position each time updated then your battery would get wiped out and data usage increase too. Simply get the N900 to check it's position when you arrive in a new location, the next update should then show the weather.

Originally Posted by Rex32 View Post
Also, it really bugs me that the N900 doesn't have any sort of smart type like my BlackBerry does. Is there anything I can get to automatically put in ' in "doesnt" or capitalizing "i"??
The auto-complete learns from what you previousosly typed in so you will have to type "doesn't" quite a few times to make it the dominante choice so it shows up, as for capitalising "i" you may need to start a brainstorm to get somebody to look into if an "i" is typed on its own it should be capitalised.

Another brainstorm should be cycling auto-complete, so if a word shows up in completion that you do not want, there should be a button assinghed to cylce through the possible words that that word could be.