Well Samsung has recently go a bunch of attention for rolling out there Galaxy S smartphones and Galaxy Tab tablet, well Samsung has it done yet again except this time it isn't a phone. Samsung has released a Android based pmp you could call this thing a Galaxy S minus the phone part. The device has the usual excellent codec support of Samsung device.
Specs include
Operating System: Android 2.1 with customized version of touchwiz
Screen: 3.2inch 400x200 tft lcd display which is quite disappointing.
Storage: 8gb or 16b plus microsd expansion
Camera: 2mp with no flash
Connectivity: wifi 802.11b/g/n, bluetooth 2.1, GPS
Pricing: ranging from 200-300 dollars
The device seems decent but I don't think I would buy one but it seems like a capable personal media player and it is great for people who want Android experience on devices that aren't phones. I was hoping for the larger higher resolution super amoled displays displays found on the Galaxy S.

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Competitor? I didn't realize this was an iPod forum.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The Following User Says Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
....Assuming this surfs the web....

It could be an N810 competitor, 'tho the screen size is kinda on the small side

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Originally Posted by Snoshrk View Post
....Assuming this surfs the web....

It could be an N810 competitor.
So an iPod Touch is a competitor to an n810?

Sorry I think we will have to agree to disagree on that one.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
Yeah it is more like an iPod Touch, but it would be considered a n8x0 competitor. The thing that disappoints is the screen in terms off size 32inch is too small, the resolution 400x200 is way too low resolution, and I would have liked to see a Super Amoled display.

An Ipod Touch is a competitor to an N810. It is. And the N810 kicks it's mule, hands down. But it still is a competitor to an N810. It can do lots of the stuff the N810 can do.

Originally Posted by volt View Post
An Ipod Touch is a competitor to an N810. It is. And the N810 kicks it's mule, hands down. But it still is a competitor to an N810. It can do lots of the stuff the N810 can do.
Exactly I would consider this an n810 competitor.