Hi All,

This has puzzled me for the last few months now.

I have found various locations were photo's are stored and I'm not 100% sure why there are multiple locations.

For example photo's used to be stored in my camera folder on the device memory, now they stored in a DCIM folder on my memory card.
When take Panoramic pictures there are stored in another location.

How can I tell the camera to always store photos' in one place.
For example if I know remove my memory card, how do I know where the photo's will be stored.

Please help, this is driving me crazy :-(

My Blog

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by stobbsc View Post
Hi All,

This has puzzled me for the last few months now.

I have found various locations were photo's are stored and I'm not 100% sure why there are multiple locations.

For example photo's used to be stored in my camera folder on the device memory, now they stored in a DCIM folder on my memory card.
When take Panoramic pictures there are stored in another location.

How can I tell the camera to always store photos' in one place.
For example if I know remove my memory card, how do I know where the photo's will be stored.

Please help, this is driving me crazy :-(
The default camera app stores to the DCIM folder, either on the memory card or the device memory (depending on what you've selected within the app). It's up to the individual applications where they choose to store photos though - if they don't allow you to select then complain to the authors.

Ok cool I'll have to find the option about where my photo's are stored on memory card or on phone, and then copy everything to one location.

Also is there a way of adding new search locations for the photo album, so that it can pick up photos in other locations?

My Blog

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by stobbsc View Post
Ok cool I'll have to find the option about where my photo's are stored on memory card or on phone, and then copy everything to one location.

Also is there a way of adding new search locations for the photo album, so that it can pick up photos in other locations?
Yes - look at the tracker-cfg application (or edit the ~/.config/tracker/tracker.cfg file manually). You may need to add extra entries to the watch list (though it should already be covering pretty much anything on the SD card or in the MyDocs folder).