Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Ogre city@Latvia
http://mateusfromlatvia.wordpress.co...ps-navigation/

www.Hi-Tech.lv ...a bit of my technology
Using Nokia N900 32GB+8GB+Westone 3

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
So. What about car navigation by using Nokia N900? Well… Shame to you Nokia! I was really waiting some update of Ovi Maps 3 with full drivers navigation but still nothing here. I can just wach where i am and accidently drive near needed turn and then realise that its gone behind me

ok. Whats the solution? Sygic Mobile Maps. Despite that Sygic ignored my willing to review that software, ive find a friend who is allready using it. Its a first 1h then i am using that app and i am surely impressed. Latvia isn’t a big country and my hometown is a small city – Ogre. but that all worked out. great maps for driving, cool russian female voice (sad tha there is no latvian voice). navigated without any problems.

Thats my first impression. Lets see what will i say @evening
why you post a link to such a short post?

The Following User Says Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Are you kiddin´? Here are plenty of threads for Sygic ...

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Ogre city@Latvia
[Edit]

All day is behind my shoulders and all day i had listen to that russian female voice from Sygic Mobile navigation app. Generally the app is great. It works ok and is showing the correct speed. It has a bit old knowledge about Latvia, but mabey it’s better for othet Euroupe countrys – There are some places with speed limit 40 (and not just for last year) but the app shows that there ir a 50km/h speed limit. But that is not hetable

That is the look of calculated route from Riga Tallinas str to Jaunmārupe.

And thats the look of driving screen, almoust @point of destination

The next try is to get more detailed maps, Latvian voice and find a better POIs.

About plenty of threads for Sygic... yea... right There are plenty, but from no one, i could get enough info to decide - buy or not to buy. Now i know - BUY

www.Hi-Tech.lv ...a bit of my technology
Using Nokia N900 32GB+8GB+Westone 3