Notices

Hi, people

i have litle problem with apps i have downloaded and installed on my N900. When i start SDLMAME and WiiControl after 2 sec then they crash. I don't know if u people have same prob. like me.
If there some solution pls need help

sry. for my bad english.

For Wiicontrol to start up properly make sure Bluetooth is enabled before you start the application as it won't start it itself, it just exits.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Wiicontrol needs to be fixed as the profile button are borked and it's not very intuitive and it's probably a minor problem... :-)

thanx i have tried and works good.

now still need help around SDLMAME

I too would like to know how other people got sdlmame working.

I've installed it fine and then used sudo gainroot to make a folder called "roms" in /opt/sdlmame/ and then copied both the .zip and an extracted .zip of a rom to this folder (I was using Canyon Bomber as I love games with 1 button!).

When starting up sdlmame however, I still get a message saying no roms are found and to check the config.txt for the location of the roms folder.

I notice in the config file that initpath is set as /home/ - is this right, or should it be changed to /opt/sdlmame/ as the rompath is set as "roms".

me too!

I edited /home/opt/sdlmame/mame.ini and /home/user/.sdlmame/mame.ini to point to the correct rom path. but still? shows no roms.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
I couldn't find any (working) way to change the paths it's looking for. By default, it looks for ROMs in /mnt/media/roms and, I think, /home/user/MyDocs/roms.

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany / Mainz
did you try making a symlink ?

ln -s /mnt/media/roms /home/user/MyDocs/YourRomFolder

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
I couldn't find any (working) way to change the paths it's looking for. By default, it looks for ROMs in /mnt/media/roms and, I think, /home/user/MyDocs/roms.
Sorry, thinko there - should be /media/mmc1/roms, not /mnt/media/roms.

And I did think about symlinks, but both /media/mmc1 and /home/user/MyDocs are FAT32 so don't support symlinks.

Also make sure you have the original (large) parent rom and not one of its dependents (children roms)

I dont have mame on the N900 yet but if you guys tell me DoDonPachi runs full speed I will definitly have to take the time to figure out how to install it and get it working I love shmups and is what I normally play on mame.

Last edited by ViciousXUSMC; 2010-01-18 at 14:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to ViciousXUSMC For This Useful Post: