Active Topics

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ bay area, ca
I'm not sure if this is a bug or if it's just a problem with my own SIM, but I've had the phone since last Wednesday and it's been working perfectly except for one thing.

Once last week and now three times today, it's telling me that I have no SIM card inserted. Switching to offline mode and then back to normal mode fixed it once, but the other times, I had to turn it off, remove the battery, and jiggle the SIM a little first.

I can't tell if there's a specific event that triggers it. The first time it happened last week, I think it was either after just sending a text or ending a call (can't remember exactly). Today, it was twice after receiving a text and once just sitting there.

Anyone else have this problem or should I just go get a new SIM? It's not that old, just 2 years or so...

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Sounds like a loose sim connection? When fitting the sim did you unconnect the metal slider? as it was pretty fiddly for me? - or maybe just a faulty sim?
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

I'm not sure what you mean by unconnect, but I slide the metal door down, pop out the SIM, push it back, and slide the door back up. It fits pretty snugly in there, and was just sitting flat on a desk the last time i noticed the message, so it's not being jostled in its slot. You're probably right then, I guess, faulty SIM?

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Which company and country does this refer to?
How old is the SIM card?
It worked before in the N900?

T-Mobile USA, 2-3 years, yes

Hell... Go get a new SIM card from T-mo, see if that works better.

But I do have one question, from your description, it didn't sound like you slid the SIM card into the metal tray and then folded the card and tray down onto the contacts? Or maybe I misread your description.

I popped the little tray off it's hinges before I realized the SIM card actually slides into the metal tray. But I have an excuse for doing that. I've never claimed to be a genius.

Yeah, I'm going to try a new SIM card when I have time.. I haven't had anymore problems today yet, so I can wait a while.

@That One Guy:
I think I just described it poorly xD

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sydney, Australia
I have had the same problem once - had to remove the SIM card and re-insert it.

Mine is an old (5yrs plus) Optus SIM card (Australia).

After reading the "Battery Life" tips thread, I was planning on getting a new SIM card anyway.

You need to change ur simcard. Its connectivity issue as far as i know. Get a new one its supposed to be free from ur service provider.

I have a problem (NO SIM CARD INSERTED) after trying PR 1.2 RC ... while in 1.2 the sim card is sucesfully recognized, after reverting back to 1.1 its not ... weird ...

EDIT: I tried 2 simcards from different providers ...