Active Topics

Notices

I was downloading some podcasts in Canola when my n800 spontaneously rebooted. When it came back on and I tried to restart Canola it started, but I don't have any icons (just a blank green Canola screen). I uninstalled and reinstalled, but still have the same problem. Is there some profile file that might have been corrupted that I could delete and have it rebuild? Other suggestions?

Last edited by dylanemcgregor; 2011-03-22 at 22:43. Reason: spelling

So some further searching and I found the Canola Cleanup app. Uninstalling Canola, running Canola2 Cleanup, and then reinstalling seemed to fix the problem...but now it keeps coming back. I've had to run this 3 times in the last week. Prior to this I'd been using Canola2 for years without any problems. The last couple of times nothing obvious triggered the issue either. Opening seems to take a longer time than normal, and then when it does launch there are no icons on the screen.

Any ideas at all on what might be going on and how to fix it?

If I can't fix it, is there any way to backup and restore just the one app? I'm getting real tired of having to re-add my podcast feeds everyday.

Also, would it be better to post this in a different area of the forum since I don't think Canola has been developed for Maemo 5...?