hey guys i have had my n900 for abuot 2 months now and over the last month and a half, my friends keep telling me and sending me
messages saying to me they have not fully received the txt message.

i have checked on their phone and the last 1/3 of my message was cut off. this happens about one in every 5 txts.

This seems to happen more when i;m lower on battery though it still happened when fully charged.
Has anyone else experienced this or know of a fix ? cause i;m tired of resending txt messages costing me more money! i;m running pr1.2

i haven't have this happen be for on any other phone so i can only think its the phone and not my service provider (three)
so thanx heaps for your help guys i would love to resolve this!

and on a side note my internet dose not connect when my battery is below 5-15% to so its very annoying. known problem or no?

Last edited by met0001; 2010-08-11 at 07:58.

I think you're a special case because text messaging getting cut off is usually a network provider issue and not a device issue.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
How long where those messages? There is a limit of 160 characters.
If it's longer it gets split up into separate text messages.
Some phones may not be able to handle split SMS.

It was ranging between 1 to 7 txts in one and it happens mainly with txt between 2 and 5 pages if you would call them that.

well the phone i;m txting is about half a year old (the girlfriends phone) and it was happy to accepted the messages before

i did have some problems installing pr1.2, the internet continued to be cutting in and out and forcing me to start over and over till it stayed connected for long enough to download the 120mbish? (not using wifi)
so i;m not sure were the previously downloaded other half of the OP went before it started over.
could a badly installed OP cause this ?

cheers brad.

What network providers are involved?

I've seen this happen many times over the years when sending "cross network" text messages, even on Nokia S60 devices and other brands of phones.

In my cases it was other networks to Orange. The recipients, who were on Orange, were being notified of a text, but on opening the message there was either nothing there or only a few lines of text.

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Used to happen to me alot on Orange UK, I'd get half a message and then 3 hours later I'd get the other half, it wouldn't beep again as the initial message had been received already.

I got Orange to send me a new sim card (mine was a good few years old, one of the first 3g sims), and now all is well.

This was all on my N86 which I had prior to the N900.

Three being me my provider and optus being the other provider.

so is their a way around this or do u have to contact some provider? or whats the go ?

or is their no fix i just have to wait for them to get it sorted ?

thanx guys. brad

Originally Posted by James_Littler View Post
Used to happen to me alot on Orange UK, I'd get half a message and then 3 hours later I'd get the other half, it wouldn't beep again as the initial message had been received already.

I got Orange to send me a new sim card (mine was a good few years old, one of the first 3g sims), and now all is well.

This was all on my N86 which I had prior to the N900.
I had this as well on Orange UK, even from another Orange UK user!

I think the way to go is to contact 3 and ask them if they know if there is a communication problem between them and Optus, and mention the problem you're having (add some b/s saying you've tried other phones otherwise they point the finger at your N900) and see what they say.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
I highly suspect that this is a PR1.2 install problem. I had to help a friend out who had exactely the same issue after a troublesome PR1.2 update. He was also not able to open individual messages either.

I did a complete re-flash of PR1.2 as well as the emmc (making sure to do a back up first to memory card) and it solved all the texting issues.