Is it possible to connect to a ftp server using a ftp client where I can download and upload files using my n900? Also can I edit my html files on the device using a program similar to notepad?

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
I would also like to know if ther is an FTP app that allows editing a remote .html file and saving back to the web server.

would be useful for tweaking a website whilst on holidays or away from a computer.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

There are many ftp clients in repos, (there are even ftp server). A recent one
(http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=55336) seems also very nice and usable.
You could just download and edit the html file on the n900 localy with any text editor, and then re-upload it afterward. At least, this is how i proceed on a daily basis! And normaly, your html files should not weight more than few kbs, so it's a matter of seconds!

So far, I have been using:
SSH to log on the remote server, then use vim on that server.
Not all hosters allow ssh access, though.

Alternativly, you can use either gFTP or any other app to download the files to ur device, then use PyGTKEditor.
The desciption says something about python and gtk, but ayntax highlighting is supported for about a quadrillion languages (html, php, xml, ...).

If your looking for a full html suite with etity references etc. your out of luck for now.