Active Topics

Hi, a while ago my N900's autofocus stopped working. I think it's a hardware problem as after searching I read somewhere that another person also had this problem. He managed to "fix" it by dropping the phone. I wasn't so lucky, one day I decided to try running mBarcode as it constantly tries to focus so I dropped the phone at the same time.

That "fixed" the problem for all of 2 days after which the problem returned. So I guess the only solutions are to a) live with it, b) try and source another cam module or c) return under warranty?

a) Is not optimal, c) wouldn't work for me as I've seen elsewhere on the forum Nokia replaces the N900 with a N8 (do not want).

I also highly doubt they'd replace it with a N9 when it's available? :P

That leaves option b. Does anyone around here have a cam module or a bricked N900 I could buy/beg to get my hands on?

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ NH, USA
Just a guess, but since you're stuck here anyways, you might try opening up your phone and carefully reseating the camera connector.

Considering that dropping the phone fixed it for a bit, it might just be a loose connector.

I often see "dead" n900s show up on ebay/craigslist for pretty cheap.