I have a theory; the things I carry with me on a daily basis must be the BEST for me.

For example; Watch (Breitling/Rolex), wallet (Louis Vuitton), sun glasses (Oliver Peoples), cigarette lighter (Porsche/Colibri), keychain (Tiffanys), and most importantly cell phone (N900).

Now you might think it is silly to carry a $200 keychain with you; however this keychain from Tiffanys is perfect when you are wearing sweatpants with no pockets and it has a little opening where you can just slide it right onto the elastic of the sweatpants.

If I have to deal with something every waking hour - I would like it to be the best possible product for me.

Here is a list of every cell phone I have owned in the past 10+ years:

Motorola V66 - Crap.
Sony Ericsson T616 - Good at the time.
Samsung SGH-c207 - Worst phone ever.
Nokia 3120 - Loved this phone, and the simplicity of it.
Motorola V3 RAZR - Decent, slow. (I heavily modified it, I was the first to create a custom font for it)
Nokia 8801 - Loved the form factor (the sliding is really what did it for me) and quality along with the simplicity.
Apple iPhone (first Gen) - Returned after 4 days. Apple wanted a $50 restocking fee.
Nokia 8801 - Loved the form factor (the sliding is really what did it for me) and quality along with the simplicity.
Nokia 8600 Luna - Nokia gave me this for free when the battery went out on my 8801, liked it a lot - not as much as the 8801 but the camera was better along with the display - but the sliding locking mechanism wasn't nearly as good as the 8801.

I have used many phones for a week or so at a time, such as Apple iPhone 3GS, Blackberry, Nokia E71, etc. but I have not relied upon them as my main communications device.

After technology started moving ahead into [actually functional] smart phones I knew I didn't want a Windows Mobile phone, I am with AT&T so I couldn't get a Android based phone (even if I wanted to, which I didn't), and I really dislike so many things about the iPhones (I have had A LOT of experience with every iPhone besides the newest one and I despise them all, and Apple in general).

But a time came when I was backed into a corner. It was either the Nokia N97 or bite the bullet and get an iPhone 3GS. I needed to be in touch and mobile phone software was catching up to my Samsung Q1U UMPC.

Then the Nokia N900 was released, I had a meeting in NYC a week after it was released, I changed my flight to fly into JFK and my first stop was the Nokia Flagship Store the day after the N900 was released to test it out. I fooled around with it for a bit and now I have to say it is the best mobile device I have ever laid my hands on.

I am so incredibly pleased with my N900, even though it does have it's faults - there's nothing that comes even close to it. However, technology is advancing processors are getting better and more efficient, display resolution is getting better, camera quality is increasing, etc.

Truthfully, I have no clue what I will do when the N900 is too outdated for me. Nokia has been the only company that I have been completely pleased with every product I have purchased from them.

My dream is a Nokia N910, better camera, 1.2GHz+ processor that is more efficient in terms of battery life, better display resolution, xenon flash, 850MHz, same form factor, and of course better software that is just as open (the list can go on).

But I have a bad feeling I will be using the N900 when the iPhone 5 rolls around the corner. I truthfully don't know what I will do then. I really hope Nokia picks up the ball! I don't know that much about MeeGo, but I like Maemo 5... a lot.

I know all of you are pretty passionate about your mobile devices - nothing on the market right now seems appealing AT ALL compared to the N900, what do you think you will do?

P.S. I am on AT&T when I am in the states - that means my N900 is on EDGE. Still in love.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xxxxts For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou

"Don't touch the Rolex."
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
Haha ysss, I think its pretty cool actually. It's sort of an aesthetic and attention to detail thing.

Even if I couldn't afford some of the things (and I mean afford to lose) I still have a clear idea of what I want.

Also agree with paying a premium for discernible benefit in things you spend the most time with i.e my computer seat, sofa, my mobile, my UMPC, my monitor, my bed

Last edited by imperiallight; 2010-07-22 at 13:02.

Haha, have you seen American Psycho? Brilliant movie.. I just didn't expect anyone to be a conscious real life embodiment of Patrick Bateman

I think Patrick would carry a Vertu... or a 'bone' iPhone 4.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Yeah, but I read the book first. I know his character was a satire but it was so compelling to read!

Although I think Bateman was more exclusivity over substance so definitely a Vertu, hehehe

Last edited by imperiallight; 2010-07-22 at 13:06.

Originally Posted by ysss View Post

"Don't touch the Rolex."
You have no idea.

I m really OCD about these things that I have to deal with every second - I also look just like Christan Bale (or so I am told) so my buddies pick on me.

If that is your profile pic I can see it!

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
oh how blase! i only wear watches that have fallen through timewarps from at least 200 years in the future. my wallet is weaved from the pubic hair of andaluvian virgins, and i mean a porsche lighter? really? mine is powered by microfusion, get with it man!

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to festivalnut For This Useful Post:
@imperial: lol, I felt like a lame @ss citing the movie instead of the book. I thought the movie was done very well though (less the ambiguity in the end). Brilliant visuals.

Originally Posted by xxxxts View Post
You have no idea.
What?? You're also in 'mergers and acquisitions'?

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:

Tags
bateman, hot stuff, ishitmoney, look at me, patrick, pose much?