Posts: 220 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ england
is it possible? ive looked arounf and found a kernel from jabba i think his name was seemed quite promising but i think im a few months late. as i had some pre dependency issues. and was unable to flash it. pr1.2 issue maybe. all i want is to turn on my phone and BAM crazy **** goes down! can anyone help my cause? i have nothing to give in exchange only props!..... thanks for reading

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
my friend to flash it you can simply erase your eMMC first.

Once the eMMC is wiped then there shouldn't be any reboot loop or anything. Then wipe your OS later.

sorry mate i dont follow? when i said i couldnt flash it. i ment the flash the kernel, as flasher 3.5 which i grabbed after unpacking the kernel and modules would not run as it had pre dependancy issues. anyway i had to reflash the eMMc and start again. i think ive flashed my phone more times than ive rebooted it lol what can i say i love my phone but im a bit dimm

i cant believe this is not already possible without too much work? its gotta be every geeks wet dream.

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 101 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
you can alwasy flash a virgin kernel using a usb connection to your pc. I did it way back when my first test with kenel-power somehow failed.
Search this forum or the wiki (or google) for flashing using a PC with linx or windows

cheers ill look into it.

Posts: 243 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Knowhere
I think what the OP is asking for is to be able to see what is happening when Maemo is booting rather than just having a boot video - much like you get with NITDroid. Gets my vote too if that's what he means.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Frequently_asked_questions
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N900
http://wiki.maemo.org/N900

Originally Posted by hellnick View Post
I think what the OP is asking for is to be able to see what is happening when Maemo is booting rather than just having a boot video - much like you get with NITDroid. Gets my vote too if that's what he means.

thats exactly what i mean. i found a custom kernel details here.
http://wiki.maemo.org/User:Jebba/Ker..._custom_kernel

as you can see it enables the bootlog without messing with anything.
i followed the instructions as far as installing flasher 3.5! then it failed due to predependency issues of which i cant recall. something along the lnes of flasher 3.5 required some other flasher which wasnt there and then xterm locked up and the rest is history but i think the kernel maybe pre pr1.2?

if someone can get this working on pr1.2 theres some jaffa cakes init for you....

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 101 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
You meand the FRAMBUFFER_CONSOLE?
I took the kernel-power sources, changed the rc51_defconfig fiel (i think in the debian subdir) and rebuild the kernel acoording to the instructions in the readme (again in the debian subtree).
boolog is working fine, but it boots to fat to really see anything. And once the graphic device initialised the bootlog is gone.
Most of it can be reviewed when you look at the dmesg command, or by installing the sysklog package. Unfortunately the output of pre-init/init is not captured.

The Following User Says Thank You to mirakels For This Useful Post: