Active Topics

Is it possible to have my phone forward any incoming SMS messages I receive to another number or an email address? I will be going out of the country, and am looking for a way to receive my texts via skype or a similar service...

any ideas?

I don't think such an application exists. However, why don't you bring your native sim-card with you and periodically put it into your cell-phone. All the providers I know of do not charge for incoming sms when in roaming (providing incoming sms are free domestically). Not the ideal solution, i know.

hmmm, is there any other solution? that doesn't sound like such a good plan...

is there a way to access SMS messages online, maybe, via t-mobile?

what about an automatic text my phone could reply with, letting people know to text me at another number? is that possible?

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Bern, Switzerland
I'm bringing this topic back to top. i have exactly the same situation as redstar. is there by now a app or a solution for this? Would be awesome!

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ London, UK
The conversations data seems to be stored here:
/home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger/el-v1.db
in an SQLite database. Text messages are stored in the Events tables, I'm sure a script could be written to pick up new records periodically and then 'send' them somewhere else.

As a quick fix you could connect via ssh to your phone and use sqlite to view your messages.

The Following User Says Thank You to soabwahott For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Bern, Switzerland
thx soabwahott! i will do it via SSH and leave myphone at home.