Was wondering if someone could help with this.

I've been noticing that when left overnight on charge, the device states it is fully charged. Battery widget and BatteryGraph application both state 98% charge. However as soon as i remove the charger, the percentage rapidly drops to around 89%. If i put the charger immediately back in i just get "battery full".

BatteryGraph shows the charge dropping apparently linearly from 98% to 89% over approx 5 mins. regardless of useage.

Is this normal behavior?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the remaining 89% then performs as it should, decreasing regularly over the day.

Last edited by imacmillan; 2010-05-18 at 07:19.

The Following User Says Thank You to imacmillan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
I'm experiencing the same thing. I'm not quite sure... But to me it feels like these battery monitoring apps really helps decrease the battery life as well... So I'm not using them.

In memory of MW2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ0L2daA3Ac&feature=sub

hmmm strange. also found that after rebooting the device i get a massive percentage drop.

I guess it will remain a mystery unless someone with the knowledge says otherwise!

Same issue here

of course i t will consume the battery whether on N900 or other devices since it is always playing on the back ground.

Posts: 511 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Trinidad and Tobago
when u boot up a N900 it consumes a certain amount of power because like a computer it takes a lot of power to start up then it goes idle once u don't use it and it either shows the battery going back up or just doesn't move but it depends on how many stuff u use in the background mines is stock no mods and my battery lasts me around 15 hours with minimum wifi and gprs use and doing other lil things. experimenting with the battery for 3days now to see the best way to use the phone for me at least

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
Yes it is normal behaviour...if the battery has been charged to full and you reboot i find a 10% drop of battery power on restart. If my battery is say around 50%- 60% i find a 5% drop in battery power when i reboot. I am currently using the Queen BeeCon app to check my battery power.

Last edited by neotalk; 2010-09-20 at 15:30. Reason: spelling!

Hi guyes!
I have a problem. I bought n900 2 weeks ago from "second hand" (but was old just 4weeks) and I am not able to charge it over 40% if it is turned on. And I am talking about like 10 hours charging. If I turn it off and let it charge, it takes like 8 hours to have it fully charged. I tried reflash it. Tried to uninstall everything, was watching processes via Conky (were just normal ones like hildon desktop, Xorg etc.) and watching at battery life via Battery-eye. I overlocked it two days ago to 825Mhz, but it shouldnt be problem, because a problem with battery was appearing before. So I decided to buy new battery yesterday and let it charge through whole night and in the morning was totally empty!In Battery-Eye was just flat line around zero for whole cycle of charging. I am little bit desperate. I though that new battery would solve this problem. Could anybody give me an advice? Or I should send it to repair shop? Thank you very much in advance, guys!
Maemo.org is great, very nice people are here!

Are you using the included wall adapter to charge with?

Originally Posted by shadowjk View Post
Are you using the included wall adapter to charge with?

Yes, I tried different ones, but all of them were originals by Nokia.