Active Topics

Hello

Every time i swipe to go to another screen, weird lines appear on the screen, kind of like its refreshing the screen on something.

I've re-flashed the device but no change. Ive found that it only does it when swiping to a different home screen. I played angry birds and it didn't happen when playing that.

any help would be appreciated.

Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
it is a screen tearing issue, due to no vsync support in hildon-desktop, due in part to PowerVR's closed drivers, and Nokia flagging this bug as a 'WILL NOT FIX'. It may happen in PR1.3, but it is highly unlikely. MeeGo adaptations are slated to fix this. As it is, there is no way around it. You can minimize the annoyance of this by overclocking your device, optimizing your cache pressure/swappiness, and using a custom transitions.ini. All of this can be found in the wiki.

Originally Posted by deprecated View Post
it is a screen tearing issue, due to no vsync support in hildon-desktop, due in part to PowerVR's closed drivers, and Nokia flagging this bug as a 'WILL NOT FIX'. It may happen in PR1.3, but it is highly unlikely. MeeGo adaptations are slated to fix this. As it is, there is no way around it. You can minimize the annoyance of this by overclocking your device, optimizing your cache pressure/swappiness, and using a custom transitions.ini. All of this can be found in the wiki.
Ok thank you.ive had the device for about 7 months and never noticed that sort of thing happening so i thought something was wrong with the device.