Active Topics

Just released in SZ (China). New iPad clones run Android 2.2 / Windows 7 with "decent" hardware equal to iPad, supporting Flash 10.1 and multitasking.

8" Android 2.2 aPad - 1GHz Cortex A8 Processor - 512MB DDR2

10.1" Windows 7 ePad - 1.66GHz Atom N455 - 2GB DDR3 - 32GB SSD

Any reviews, discussion on those? I have laid my money down and waiting for the courier to show up. Been burnt before and not holding my breath, but as an ebook reader and wifi surfer?
Attached Images

Posts: 88 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ London
The 10.1 looks like specs for a netbook. Looks too good to be true....I think it's a scam. I would suggest an Archos 101. It's very good.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Leeds, England
There are a whole number of these out there, unfortunately they all seem to be cheap copies which puts me off. The only reputable ones I've seen are the Galaxy Tab and the Dell Streak which are both quite small so even more useless than the Ipad!

Posts: 88 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ London
I honestly think Archos 101 is a very good competitor to iPad if you know how to use it....HDMI, full USB, excellent video formats playable, good screen, nice solid state 16gb etc etc.....

The Following User Says Thank You to orion88freedom For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by orion88freedom View Post
I honestly think Archos 101 is a very good competitor to iPad if you know how to use it....HDMI, full USB, excellent video formats playable, good screen, nice solid state 16gb etc etc.....
Advent vega is currently the cheapest and best alternative.

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
theres no way i would buy any chinese copy products, where is the nearet service centre ect!
my wife decided she wanted an ipad for xmas so we played with both ipad and galaxy tab in currys uk, just flipping the page of an e book backwards and forwards, the galaxy was stuttering on every page turn, the ipad never stuttered once, so im now down 599 pounds!

The Following User Says Thank You to leetut For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I would buy a cheap clone in a heartbeat. I have very little faith in customer service anyway, having done it for many years and realizing how common ignorance is.

So if I can't get a clone to work, I can throw it away.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I would buy a cheap clone in a heartbeat. I have very little faith in customer service anyway, having done it for many years and realizing how common ignorance is.

So if I can't get a clone to work, I can throw it away.
I tried the Viewsonic tablet running Android recently and I didn't like it. It was very sluggish and the touch screen was inaccurate.

I have seen reviews on youtube for the aPad and it looks okay. The clones in general are probably decent but not spectacular. Still - for basic use, it definitely beats plopping down $500 for an iPad.

Originally Posted by dannycamps View Post
I tried the Viewsonic tablet running Android recently and I didn't like it. It was very sluggish and the touch screen was inaccurate.

I have seen reviews on youtube for the aPad and it looks okay. The clones in general are probably decent but not spectacular. Still - for basic use, it definitely beats plopping down $500 for an iPad.
There are a few custom ROMs out there for the G-tablet. And with it, it supposedly runs ultra-smooth. You can get Google Apps (Gmail, Market, Maps etc) also hacked in there (also things like Swype).
I've heard it's the best tablet available after the tweeks, leaving the iPad in the dust.

But I truly know 3.0/Honeycomb is the tablet OS, and it will land about the time iPad2 hits shelves. Expect a colourful '11.

@dannycamps

There's a big difference between the ARM11 Viewsonic ViewTab 7 and the dual-core Viewsonic G-Tablet. Don't confuse the two, that would be a mistake.

Read more here

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post: