yes
i think so
no

*in sequence*

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ the holy land
ok...not worth it

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

right now you can make a base for 1.2

MeeGo will only be used for development purposes for the N900 , i don't think the future versions can be supported on the N900. So i think it's pointless .

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Originally Posted by DaReaper View Post
MeeGo will only be used for development purposes for the N900 , i don't think the future versions can be supported on the N900. So i think it's pointless .
well... you're wrong. i think you will get hit by a bus.

Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
well... you're wrong. i think you will get hit by a bus.
Offtopic :Good thing i don't go out of my house .

After reading the minimum specs required for MeeGo 1.2 and above like 512MB RAM , so i just thought of it .. Sorry if i'm wrong .

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
yeah nokia devs already promised enough times they will get this working well for us. don't worry if the official specs "require" more. there is no way the OS needs all that ram, that must be some crazy multitasking use-case they thought up.

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
Meego is pretty much a complete Linux distro, so absolutely any up coming hardware is going to require close to a gig of fast storage space for installation and use. On the N900 this will mean eMMC or some kind of very fast micro SD card. Probably parts of it could be located in the rootfs, but no matter how you swing it, it's still a huge OS.

there is no way the OS needs all that ram, that must be some crazy multitasking use-case they thought up
"Way" indeed. Windows XP is pretty much bogged down on anything less than a gig of RAM, a modern Linux distro is the same way.

When you compare Maemo and MeeGo, I prefer to move forward with the hardware, that means no sacrifices in the OS. What I use on my desktop, I also want this in my hand held device as well. Technology is pretty much approaching the point where this is now possible at a decent price point.