Posts: 8 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Seattle
I have noticed that the volume of the speaker is very low when I am on a call. The speaker phone volume is much much louder. I adjust the volume on the side up to the max and it hardly makes a difference.

is this some kind of hardware problem? Since the speaker volume is fine (even loud), I am surprised that the max volume while using it as a phone is so low.

The Following User Says Thank You to RNK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Seattle
Okay, I figured out the problem, it's a little embarrassing. I cut my own screen protector, because I couldn't find one to buy. My screen protector was a little too long, and it covered the whole that the sound came out of when I was making a call - there's a little horizontal slot.

So mine is okay.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by RNK View Post
Okay, I figured out the problem, it's a little embarrassing. I cut my own screen protector, because I couldn't find one to buy. My screen protector was a little too long, and it covered the whole that the sound came out of when I was making a call - there's a little horizontal slot.

So mine is okay.
Genius - loved that quick read

Lol. Awesome

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Illinois, USA
Since we're talking about it, I've noticed the earpiece volume is a little low. The same with the speakerphone. It only seems to be voice though, because music over both come in loud and fine.

Although you found a problem with a screen protector, I don't even use one and I think the call volume is waaay too low. I can't seem to find any setting pane that can adjust this. Can that be true? Only one output level for everyone?

Originally Posted by lancewex View Post
Although you found a problem with a screen protector, I don't even use one and I think the call volume is waaay too low. I can't seem to find any setting pane that can adjust this. Can that be true? Only one output level for everyone?
Me too. And there is seems to be dirt in my speaker thing. Not sure if that's why my volume is so low.

There's no dirt in mine. The volume was like that out of the box. I think it's unusable unless you're in a very quiet area. And no, I do not have hearing loss.

Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009
Mine is little on the quite side too (not unhearable but worse than the N95). No dirt or any other blockage in the earpiece. Never quite understood why the earpiece and mic holes are so small on most mobile phones either.

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bucharest, Romania
You might try the volume buttons during the call. The volume set is not the same for the device and for the call, that's why it can be done only during calls. Try that during your next call watching the yellow/black volume indicator on the screen. The default is about 50%.
I also noticed that in the begining the volume I set during the current call was not kept for the next call. For some reason, it's now at max and stayed there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jidi For This Useful Post: