Active Topics

I have an aol account. When i access aol from any pc via the web i can read my email and contacts. I cannot via my nokia n800. Anyone offer any help please?

This has been a problem for years (starting with the 770) -- and addressed, with solutions posted, in this forum. The answer is to download the "Classic AOL" site. That works fine for me on my N800 as well.

Clawsmail will do the trick...even with an AIM email account. Be careful with the port selection, the info is on the help desk on the web email on Aol-aim mail

With a new N800 and an unsuccessful receive email connection with AOL, I ran into the same problem. Even a lengthy phone support conversation with Nokia failed to resolve this. AOL offers no support whatsoever to their "free AOL". Because of this, I am in the process of switching over to using gmail as my permanent email account. However, since I would still like to salvage access to AOL email on my N800, without having to download the claws, I would appreciate it if anyone could offer more information on two of the earlier replies. One states that the topic and resolutions were discussed in earlier forums, but I couldn't find. The other references downloading "classic AOL" - please explain, esp since AOL mail cannot be accessed through the aol.com website.

Ellmay: Try entering the following in your N800's Google browser: classic.webmail.aol.com, and let me know if it works.

Ascherjim: Thank you so much! The link you gave me works directly from the webpage itself: classic.webmail.aol.com! It brings up a screen to sign in with password, which successfully makes the connection to receive and send emails.

EllMay: I'm glad it worked for you. All I did was pass along what another member of this excellent forum passed along to me a couple of years ago.